Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy volunteering for Cat Laughs Festival?

Options
  • 21-05-2009 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

The Cat Laughs Festival is on May 28 to June 1 this year. Those of you who are living in the city will know it's a mad, crazy and fun weekend.

Some of the acts on the bill this year include Dermot Whelan, Des Bishop, Ross Noble, Jason Byrne, PJ Gallagher, Maeve Higgins, Neil Delamere, Otis Lee Crenshaw, Rich Hall, Jimeoin, Ricky Grover, Andrew Lawrence, Andrew Maxwell, Barry Murphy... well you get the idea. The full list and programme is over on their website - http://carlsbergcatlaughs.com

Anyhoo, it's not the festival I'm pimping promoting here, it's the opportunity to volunteer with them.

I did it last year - it was tremendous fun and a good bit of craic. I met the comedians, I met some really cool people (that I'm still in touch with) and got to see a good few shows, all for showing people to their seats, getting the place ready and clearing it after it was done.

Yes, it's manual work, no, it's not uber glamorous but it's worthwhile for something that brings as much money to Kilkenny as the Festival does and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it lots. Blog post here.

They're looking for volunteers again this year and would love to get some Boards.ie members aboard. As well as the cool and funky t-shirt and lanyard, you get show passes, festival club passes and drinks vouchers. Well, we did last year...

All you gotta do is click here or email volunteers@carlsbergcatlaughs.com for more info. The volunteer manager is Deirdre. Tell her Boards.ie sent you.

It's over 18s only and if you can complete an application before COB Wed 27th you're in with a good chance :)

Be really interested in knowing if you've done it before and what you think of it!

Cheers for your time

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Done security for it last year got paid for laughing my hole off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Done security for it last year got paid for laughing my hole off!!

sweet gig you had there!

I'd say alot of people have friends coming down that weekend as I knw its the one weekend of the yr my mates actually want to come to kilkenny and as much as some people might like to help out can't just ditch the mates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

I can't actually to it this year due to prior committments but I volunteered 3 or 4 times for the festival and it is absolutely brilliant craic. Yes you have to do SOME work, yes you can meet some ignorant drunken eejits trying to get into the gigs but all in all it's really worthwhile. You get to see a lot of the shows, generally a fairly nice t-shirt (sometimes the colours are yuck tho!), beer vouchers and you get to meet a lot of the comedians. The festival club after is good craic too.

So if you're around that weekend anyway I'd highly recommend it!

Advertisement