Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What era would you like to see ?

• 21-05-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

What chances do you think there is of a new T.V series following the sucessful new Star Trek movie. [I haven't seen it yet so please guys no spoliers.] And if there was to be a new series what era would you like it to be set in ? Personally I would like to see it set just after the Dominion War in DS9 with the Alpha Quadrent suffering from the loss of a major power, Cardassian Union and the weakening of the Klingon Empire and the Romulans beggining to take advantage of the Quadrents weakened state to push base with the Federation. TBH I think it's about time the Romulans got some background love and a series dedicated to them as the villens would be brillient. [I don't consider Enterprise a series.:mad:]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd like to see something set just after First Contact with the Vulcans, just to see how things go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    [I haven't seen it yet so please guys no spoliers.]

That pretty much makes this thread unworkable.

You will understand when you see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

That pretty much makes this thread unworkable.

You will understand when you see it.
    How ? the only reason a new series may be possible is due to the succes of the Movie, that doesn't mean that the new series has to be set in The Origional Series era.
    Anyway you can use spoilers,
    just be sure to quote them in spoiler tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

What chances do you think there is of a new T.V series following the sucessful new Star Trek movie. [I haven't seen it yet so please guys no spoliers.] And if there was to be a new series what era would you like it to be set in ? Personally I would like to see it set just after the Dominion War in DS9 with the Alpha Quadrent suffering from the loss of a major power, Cardassian Union and the weakening of the Klingon Empire and the Romulans beggining to take advantage of the Quadrents weakened state to push base with the Federation. TBH I think it's about time the Romulans got some background love and a series dedicated to them as the villens would be brillient. [I don't consider Enterprise a series.:mad:]

you might be intetrested in this
    User45701 wrote: »
    www.startrekonline.com

then click the path to 2349 (menu on the left)

Its all cannon and covers what happens from the end of nemesis - remulan centered plots, also talks about Rom, Quark, 7 the federation, klingons, Alpha Gemhadar - All very interested.
    new "movie"
    it references the super nova that led to this movie
    Random wrote: »
    I'd like to see something set just after First Contact with the Vulcans, just to see how things go.

- will never happed - maybe a 2 or 3 part tv series but no movie because there would not be enough flashy lights to entertain the "general audience"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm happy for them just to do a film every few years for now, but if they were to do a series I'd like it to be set in the regular Trekverse and set after Nemesis.

Not with the Enterprise crew, but continuing the timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭niall3r

I would like to see it set just after the Dominion War in DS9 with the Alpha Quadrent suffering from the loss of a major power, Cardassian Union and the weakening of the Klingon Empire and the Romulans beggining to take advantage of the Quadrents weakened state to push base with the Federation.

Id like a generation after this so that it could be a new series, with new crew and new ship, preferably NCC 1701.
    It could be the federation going back to exploraton after a generation of turmoil following the dominion war.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

niall3r wrote: »
    Id like a generation after this so that it could be a new series, with new crew and new ship, preferably NCC 1701.
    It could be the federation going back to exploraton after a generation of turmoil following the dominion war.

I agree, Jump forward 50 years or so. Agressively go after a new audience, the way TNG did in the '80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Mirror Universe would be good. Terran Empire and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

I would like Mirror universe would be cool.

another one wish would happen would be an anthology television series , just cause the star trek universe is so big , you could have esp in the 23th centuary one week on maybe the defiant (Tos), next week be in the 24th centuray for an esp on the Dominion war from the ferengi side ?. maybe one about the enterpise B, just stuff like that , jumping around every week.

I could see problems with budget because of all the sets and new actors every week, but viewers would be able to jump in and start watching at any time.

I think it could work also if you set it about a time traveling ship like a Wells class from the 29th centuary so you would have a regular crew , jumping thought time fixing the time line.

The last thing i would love to see , is a show just about the klingons , if you have ever listen to the klingon audio books , or read the i.k.s gorkon books then you know it would kick ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I agree with the OP. I always thought it would have beel ballsy if DS9 would have ended in failure: DS9 destroyed, many,if not all, characters dying and the Alpha Quadrant falling to the Dominion. Then the next series (Round about the time they were planning Enterprise) could have ben set about 50-100 years later with the federation now just a loose group of allied planets (Mainly Human and Vulcan) and very much the underdog in this new universe. Not at war any more just with the sh1tty end of the stick. Lets be honest, DS9 is the only series that would have had the balls to do it too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement