Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Club on Mill Street Balbriggan

Options
  • 22-05-2009 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    I am trying to find out about a youth club / Activity Centre I heard about on Mill Street Balbriggan. I was told it is beside Dominos. I cant find anything . Has it opened yet? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Hi yeah its opened about 3 months now. It goes under the name of foroige youth services. It opens up during the day and then every wedneday night there is the foroige balbriggan branch of youth club from 8 - 9.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 citycentregirl

Thanks suzieb,

Its hard to find info about it. I went down today but there did not seem to be anyone there. What facilities do they have? Is it suitable for for lads 11 & 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

http://stephenkilgallon.ie/2009/02/10/new-youth-service-for-balbriggan/

This has contact numbers on it-its all I can find.

They have a pool table,fuseball table,computers,playstation and a wii. Its great place for kids to go.

The group will be meeting again next wed at 8pm-mostly girls in it,cant seem to get the boys to attend!

But the premises also opened in daytime. Ring them first sure to check. The best way in is off the main st turn up at internet cafe and onto square.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Hi, its a great club .Run by deadicated people.They take kids from age 12.10 -20 .My two go to it.thank god for it.
    They are running the ECDL for teens age 16 plus.Costing €50.
    I would give it the tumbs up.
    Cathy.
    Ph its based on the 3rd floor.In the scarsdale centre.Linen mills..
    Its besdie the vec and remember us.You know the exit from the carpark.Well just oppisot that.
    if you come down the stairs from the post office, turn left in the gates and its there.
    Deffo worth the visit.
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

It's the place Dominos tried to prevent opening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 japzeye

Hi Bluetonic,
    The youthclub is not the place that Domino's tried to stop,Domino's is trying to stop North Dublin VEC moving in to the floor directly above their shop unit. From what I've heard the An Bord Planeala decision is due next month,fingers crossed that they get it as it is ecactly what Balbriggan needs especially in these difficult times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

japzeye wrote: »
    Hi Bluetonic,
    The youthclub is not the place that Domino's tried to stop,Domino's is trying to stop North Dublin VEC moving in to the floor directly above their shop unit. From what I've heard the An Bord Planeala decision is due next month,fingers crossed that they get it as it is ecactly what Balbriggan needs especially in these difficult times.
    Thanks for that.

I just presumed it was that place, opps!

I can't see ABP uploading the objection. A few local councilors made submissions in favour of the plans which is great. Crazy stuff from the objectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 japzeye

I hope you are right about ABP.A VEC in Balbriggan is long overdue. Lets bring back the 'Boycott Dominos' idea that was mentioned a few months ago!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

japzeye wrote: »
    I hope you are right about ABP.A VEC in Balbriggan is long overdue. Lets bring back the 'Boycott Dominos' idea that was mentioned a few months ago!!
    I boycott them already

Because the food is rank:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I didnt know that.Thats terrible.I mean about them objecting...not the food.
    What the town needs is things for the young people (and the beanch back on the square)
    if you get an update can you post.thanks,cathy

• Advertisement
Advertisement