Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend an Online Print Service that accepts Laser?

• 22-05-2009 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I havn't printed off my photos in a long time so want to send off a batch. Can anyone recommend a site?

It needs to be one that accepts Laser Card though, and had good software for showing the crop/trim options when printing non-conventional sizes (I used a site before that had a great program before but doesn't take Laser).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

mypix accepts paypal I think? I have no idea how good or bad they are...

Sorry - got nothing else..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Photobox can use paypal aswell. It's probably your best bet, you can't pay via Laser, but you can transfer money into your paypal account and then use those funds to make online payments. Is there actually anywhere online that'll take laser ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I'm fairly certain Fujipix accept Laser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

City-Exile wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain Fujipix accept Laser.

Yep, looks like it:
    http://www.fujipix.ie/Public/advicecentre.aspx?topic=42

Dunno how good their uploading procedure is though with regards to what the OP wanted, cropping/trimming etc etc. If its the only place that takes Laser though then looks like that'll have to be done pre-upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I've used them before and I think you can either shrink to fit, or move the image within a frame, to select the area you want to print, with respect to the print size you've chosen. Found the quality to be very good and the pick-up option from your nearest store was very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

Photobox can use paypal aswell. It's probably your best bet, you can't pay via Laser, but you can transfer money into your paypal account and then use those funds to make online payments. Is there actually anywhere online that'll take laser ?

Actually, http://photobox.ie/ do take Laser cards (though I haven't tried it myself). I've been with them for years because of the huge range of print sizes, photobooks etc and generally good print quality (I had some issues with some prints coming out dark but that was my own fault for not calibrating my monitor). Just received another order this week and I'm very pleased with the results (mostly 6x4"s, 12x5"s, 10x8"s)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

oh, and photobox have a pretty good crop display showing what part of the print will be printed. All very easy to use...

Advertisement