Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musician's Earplugs

Options
  • 22-05-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

have you tried the moulded musician's earplugs? How do you find them? Do they take much quality out of the sound in your experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

IMO they are a great investment for any one playing in a loud band. You can get different filters for the plugs depending on how much sound you want to let in or keep out. I have the strongest filters (25's) and I'm happy with them. "25" means the over all sound is reduced by 25 decibels. The sound is not muffled as with ordinary plugs, but fairly clear, just with lower volume. I got mine at "Advance Hearing", 12 Aston Quay ( a few doors from the old "Virgin" record store). They cost around 200 euros and took about three weeks to be ready. Some of the lads here got theirs in a place in Kimmage ( I think ). I'm sure some one will come up with the address.

Where ever you get them, they are well worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nominal

well I did get a pair but I wanted an un-biased reply(forgive the pun). 15dB at the moment but I can increase if I feel the need. I used them in rehearsal last night and found they took a lot of high end out of the sound, this could be due to the fact that my ears are slightly damaged at high end anyway but I found it hard to pick out my lead(guitar) notes. Havent tried them for a gig yet which I'm sure will be louder but so far... so... not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

nominal wrote: »
    well I did get a pair but I wanted an un-biased reply(forgive the pun). 15dB at the moment but I can increase if I feel the need. I used them in rehearsal last night and found they took a lot of high end out of the sound, this could be due to the fact that my ears are slightly damaged at high end anyway but I found it hard to pick out my lead(guitar) notes. Havent tried them for a gig yet which I'm sure will be louder but so far... so... not sure...

I dont have any problem picking out my lead guitarist's notes and I have stronger filters. My ears are also damaged at high end. Perhaps you just need a little time to get used to them.

Advertisement