Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S.E.A tip and hints

• 22-05-2009 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37

Plan is to go Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia then back to Thailand for Full Moon party.

Any tips hints or advice ie interesting places, how to budget, cheapest way to travel and general good advice based on prior experience or just share your plans aswell.

Going for 10 weeks from mid June and money is not really an object but would love to spend as little as possible.

Info on internal flights, Visas, travel etc would be much appreciate and could help all travelers alike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

www.travelfish.org is an excellent website with more information than you could imagine. They have a good forum too with quick replies. I used it before for a two week holiday and it´s brilliant. It has routes, suggested itineries, weather, travel etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

OP do a quick search. There are zilllllllions of threads here about those places. Have a read and come back with more specific questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 holla

Thanks for the travelfish, a great site, great help

And I know theres Zillions of sites out there but I want to hear first hand experiance from people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

full moon party is cock, probably the most unfriendly thais in Thailand never mind the drunken backpackers, go to phi phi instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I actually thought Phi-Phi was probably the worst place I visited in Thailand. Overpriced, overrated and just a downright unpleasant vibe. Full Moon Party is a bit of a sham as well but we still did it as we just happened to be in the area at the time. Its one of the things you do once just so you can say you did it. Ko Lanta was my favourite of the Southern Thai islands, just the right mix of party and beach life.

Laos and Cambodia are both quite good and you could see and do all the major stuff in two weeks, e.g. Angkor Wat, Tubing, Luang Prabang etc. Vietnam was where I had the worst experiences in South East Asia but it seems to be a love it or hate it place. See this thread for what I mean.

If at all possible look into flying to the Phillipines for a couple of weeks, its dirt cheap with air asia or cebu pacific. Everyone seems to dismiss it but it really was highlight of SEA for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

holla wrote: »
    And I know theres Zillions of sites out there but I want to hear first hand experiance from people

?

Advertisement