Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work??? Feck that.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Fair play OP for reporting her. Scroungers like that make me mad. For all the bleeding hearts here saying she'd be mad to work for E9.50 per hour, its an UNSKILLED job. Why would it be worth anything more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

high horse wrote: »
    Fair play OP for reporting her. Scroungers like that make me mad. For all the bleeding hearts here saying she'd be mad to work for E9.50 per hour, its an UNSKILLED job. Why would it be worth anything more?

People are saying she'd be mad to work for fiddy extra euros a week. The reason 9.50 is such a crap wage is because Irish businesess rip people off and we pay through the nose for their products and services. It's not just the SW system that's at issue here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm sick to death of peoples arrogance when it comes to jobs, especially with the way things are. A job is a job these days, be it Mcdonalds or Brown Thomas, €8.65 per hour or €12.65 per hour - it doesn't matter. Yet some people still see these jobs and pay rates to be "beneath them". The dole is seen as a much comfier proposition than putting in some real work each day. The people with that mindset make me sick.

How about you drop your fantasy expectations of some high flying high paying job coming along and slapping you in the face while you're sitting on your lazy arse? Its obvious the jobs are out there, its just that people still seem to think its pre 2007. I'm more than happy to contribute some of my hard earned pay to taxes when they are being spent well, not supporting the social parasites who think they have some right to live for free off the work of everyone else.

Get off your ass you lazy bastards and look for a job, regardless of what it is. That way, you might get some respect for yourself....or are you expecting that for free as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Senna wrote: »
    Seriously, PM me, if i can help any boardise.
    The jobs in Letterkenny and there will be a few positions over time.

I can take it seriously, pm me, i've been looking everywhere for a job!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is she doing anything wrong though ? The job is not paying enough to make it worth her while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

high horse wrote: »

Damn right! its much easier to get a job when ur working. The least she should have done was to take the job while looking for something higher paid. Ive paid my taxes and would like to see the money to go to people and places that Deserve it, not some lazy biatch that is too far up her own arse to do some work.

Well done to the OP for reporting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I can take it seriously, pm me, i've been looking everywhere for a job!!!!! :D

This guy is saying there is a job available and you want him to pm you?

It's no wonder people bitch about being unable to find a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Naos wrote: »
    This guy is saying there is a job available and you want him to pm you?

It's no wonder people bitch about being unable to find a job.

Hey, i pm'd him.. and i'm actually trying really really hard to get a job. I've sent out loads of CV's in letterkenny, i've applied for loads jobs via the internet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭gimme5minutes

TOO LATE.

I phoned the local offices today, all they needed was her name and address, she is going to be called to a review meeting asap, but they would not tell me what would happen.

I did look into it further before calling them, she has no kids or dependents and drives a 2006 big car (i didn't see it), i drive a 1996 car! After dole she would have been better off by about €55 a week by taking the job, she told one of the staff this. But she just cant be bothered working 40 extra hours for €55 over sitting on her ass on the dole, its a sh1t SW system, but that does not excuse her.

Also, this is Donegal, were the cost of living is the lowest in the country, so €9.50 could be the equivalent of €12/13 in Dublin, its not a sh1t wage to start on.

You are some sad prick to report her. Its alright for you, presumably making decent money if you are in a position to be hiring and firing. She wasn't committing welfare fraud from what I can she, she just didnt want to kill herself working a crap service job for 50 quid. And I imagine it would work out at even less than that overall as her husband/partner will also have his benefit cut if she took the job.

Tell me this, do you report your friends/family to the cops when they drink and drive? And don't tell me none of them do it, because everyone knows someone who drinks and drives now and again. So would you report a friend/family member for drink driving?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You are some sad prick to report her. Its alright for you, presumably making decent money if you are in a position to be hiring and firing. She wasn't committing welfare fraud from what I can she, she just didnt want to kill herself working a crap service job for 50 quid. And I imagine it would work out at even less than that overall as her husband/partner will also have his benefit cut if she took the job.

Tell me this, do you report your friends/family to the cops when they drink and drive? And don't tell me none of them do it, because everyone knows someone who drinks and drives now and again. So would you report a friend/family member for drink driving?

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

OP - REPORT THIS LAZY ASS !

So rather than putting in a decent days work, you think its acceptable to be a lazy bastard who simply wants the dole so herself and her boyfriend can rake in free cash? If thats how you view it, you're as bad and the spongers and can quite frankly, **** right off.

DarkJager wrote: »
    So rather than putting in a decent days work, you think its acceptable to be a lazy bastard who simply wants the dole so herself and her boyfriend can rake in free cash? If thats how you view it, you're as bad and the spongers and can quite frankly, **** right off.

He's banned dude. He has no further off to **** to.

He's banned dude. He has no further off to **** to.

Late post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wagon wrote: »
    Stop being a stingy manager and offer her a bit more money instead of minimum wage. She'll stay then and work for you. Of course, you won't do that...

Edit: Oh look, just noticed! You reported her! Well fair play to you aren't you an honorable member of society! God you sound like a real pain in the ass to work for. Maybe that was her reasons for not taking the job and didn't want to hurt your feelings so said the dole reason instead?
    Whats the point of a Minimum wage then, if nobody will work for it? Anyway I'd leap at 9.50/hr dollar or euro. I dont know what youre fcuking problems are. The dole system is warped. Theres your unemployment. Theres your foreigners taking your jobs and engrish speaking people filling up the shop counters. Cant keep blaming your recession on America forever either, tbh. Its because so many of you appear to think you can do better sitting on your couch.

Isnt the dole for people who cant work or are actively looking for work? tbh what the woman did was as much stealing as someone who takes a job to hide behind a desk and sit on his ass - that 'awl wage theft notion. Kick em all off the system and give them a dose of reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I do not agree with you reporting her, If she feels that the job cannot give her enough money who are you to report her?

You just sound very bitter now, Just because she didn't accept your amazing job you report her. How childish, grow up and lose the power trip. Maybe that's why she didn't take the job!

Resi12 wrote: »
    I do not agree with you reporting her, If she feels that the job cannot give her enough money who are you to report her?

You know she will work as she did for a year, Maybe at this point in her life she needs more or some support(I.e rent allowance).

Because she is turning down a full time job offer to take social welfare? That doesn't make any logical sense whatever way you look at it.

Maybe at this point in her life she does need extra support, but why she should be allowed to fall back on the state to provide that when she can work like every one else to get the money? Say I don't feel like paying my car finance anymore- would it be ok if I gave up my job and signed on so I could claim payment protection? No it wouldn't.

Its simply laziness, greed and the idea that she has some right to free cash. 100% behind the OP on reporting her, if more people did the same, then these docile scrotes wouldn't be getting away with leeching off the rest of us.

Does sitting on at home:

- Pay into a pension?
    - Build your CV?
    - Improve your sense of self accomplishment?
    - Provide you opportunities for advancement?
    - etc.

Senna did her a favor.

Oh please spare me the moral lectures..
    The OP is not some kind of saviour who reported her because he thought what she was doing was wrong, he did because he is bitter she rejected his job.

She is not doing one thing wrong, Maybe she didn't want to continue on the job? She wants the most money she can get and who are you or the OP to deny it to her?

I find it more disgracful that she is better off on the dole than a job on 9.50 an hour but that is not her fault so stop targeting her.
    Oh btw, "and the idea that she has some right to free cash", Amm:confused: of course she is entitiled to it..

Jesus, you are clearly biased. I bet you think the dole is too high and that everyone on it are dirty scrots too right :rolleyes: ..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It's funny how many people post 'report them and stop moaning on the internet' when a thread is started on SW fraud - but when someone does report a person, they get called a 'sad prick'. Can't win around here eh? :rolleyes:
    God forbid someone work on a wage above [the already highest in europe] minimum wage.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Does sitting on at home:

- Pay into a pension?
    - Build your CV?
    - Improve your sense of self accomplishment?
    - Provide you opportunities for advancement?
    - etc.

Senna did her a favor.

What, did her a favour reporting her? Possibly cutting off her dole?
    So she is left with nothing, So she cant pay bills, rent etc??
    Oh yes that will definatley "Improve her sense of self-accomplishment"..

I seriously think the OP is just twisted and wants her to come crawling back to him...

The OP is not some kind of saviour who reported her because he thought what she was doing was wrong, he did because he is bitter she rejected his job.

No he did so because she's a leech who wants to sit around on her lazy ass while everyone else pays for her dole.
    She is not doing one thing wrong, Maybe she didn't want to continue on the job? She wants the most money she can get and who are you or the OP to deny it to her?

She wants to stop earning money herself so everyone else can earn it for her. And we as WORKING people have every right to deny this carry on because its coming out of our ****ing pockets. Are you starting to get the idea?
    I find it more disgracful that she is better off on the dole than a job on 9.50 an hour but that is not her fault so stop targeting her.
    Oh btw, "and the idea that she has some right to free cash", Amm:confused: of course she is entitiled to it..

She's entitled to it? What ****ing planet are you on? What ****ing right does she have to be sponging off taxes because she's too lazy to be bothered working? And yes, she can happily be targeted because its scum behaviour.
    Jesus, you are clearly biased. I bet you think the dole is too high and that everyone on it are dirty scrots too right :rolleyes: ..

Yes the dole is too high, and the majority (not every one) of people on it are simply there for the free ride. The dole is meant as financial support for those who have lost jobs or are looking for work - not for ****ing scumbags to be gettin a free ride at the cost of every one else. 6 months should be the maximum allowed time on dole - if you can't find ANY job in that timeframe, then you are indeed a scrote..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I hired a member of staff two weeks ago on trial, she was on the dole for the last year and she turned out to be a very good professional worker. So last week i offered her a full-time job and she accepted it, no surprise there, seen there are very few new jobs in the area.
    Then today she came into me and said she cant take the job as she worked it out and she is better off on the dole than working a 40 hour week, earning a bit more than minimum wage. To say i was mad was an understatement, first its a disgrace that someone can earn more (or only a bit less, when taking all the other benefits that come with the dole) by laying on their ass all week at the tax payers expense and second that we are allowing this system to continue.

I think i might phone social welfare tomorrow and tell them she has refused a job, i would hope her dole would be stopped, but i doubt they would do feck all.

Just a rant and its not the first time someone has refused work as they wanted to stay on the dole.

Mods feel free to lock thread, probably no need of more dole threads.

thats total bs

report her op

I seriously think the OP is just twisted and wants her to come crawling back to him...

Two words - tough ****. If you have a job, drop it because you think you'll get more (and free) cash off the dole and then get caught, then you fully deserve it.

As for sense of "self accomplishment" - maybe this episode will teach her a hard learned lesson.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Two words - tough ****. If you have a job, drop it because you think you'll get more (and free) cash off the dole and then get caught, then you fully deserve it.

As for sense of "self accomplishment" - maybe this episode will teach her a hard learned lesson.

Wow your a very bitter person..

Continued personal attacks againts other posters will result in the removal of your ability to post in this forum.
    I know we have an emotive topic here but let's try and leave out the personal stuff from now on.
    Fair warning.

Wow you a very bitter person..

Yes I am bitter, you got that right. I'm bitter that I'm working 6 days a week to make money just to pay my bills, but I'm also being hit left right and centre by levies, taxes etc.

Then these ****ing wasters on the dole come along, pay no taxes, get grants and allowances left right and centre, and for what? For being a pack of lazy bastards. Not even a solid hour of work in a week and they are being treated better off than the people who are trying to make an honest hard earned living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Overheal wrote: »
    Whats the point of a Minimum wage then, if nobody will work for it? Anyway I'd leap at 9.50/hr dollar or euro. I dont know what youre fcuking problems are. The dole system is warped. Theres your unemployment. Theres your foreigners taking your jobs and engrish speaking people filling up the shop counters. Cant keep blaming your recession on America forever either, tbh. Its because so many of you appear to think you can do better sitting on your couch.

Isnt the dole for people who cant work or are actively looking for work? tbh what the woman did was as much stealing as someone who takes a job to hide behind a desk and sit on his ass - that 'awl wage theft notion. Kick em all off the system and give them a dose of reality.
    Not once did i even suggest i blamed your country for the recession. Granted it's a country full of fat, idiotic, ignorant, self centered twats who think they know what's best for the rest of the world but i didn't drag your country into it.

And it was still **** to report her. Kick em all off the system? And then what? What do you propose people do for money if they can't find work?
    He just said he was paying her €9.50 an hour! I took a job for LESS than that an hour to get off the dole!
    ah, that's your own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Seriously, PM me, if i can help any boardise.
    The jobs in Letterkenny and there will be a few positions over time.

Job in letterkenny? Whaaaaa?

• Advertisement

Do you not think 3 steps ahead, no? Thats like saying your mother is a whore for weening you off her boobs.

So do you apparently. Im sure theres a fair share of honest dole case but this is not one of them.

Advertisement