Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BluRays €7.99 @ cdwow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

DAMMIT!!!
    I swore I'd never use these guys again but the prices are too.....cheap....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Die Hard 4 and Commando for 16 yoyos just too tempting,cheers OP:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Thanks for the heads up great price at 7.99 for blu rays

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

patch wrote: »
    DAMMIT!!!
    I swore I'd never use these guys again but the prices are too.....cheap....:o

Same here! Can't... resist... cheap blu-rays...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Yep, these guys are chancers... could not resist 7.99 Blurays so ordered a few including Die Hard 4 etc - all went through fine and all listed as being in stock; then today I get the mails to show cancellations on Die Hard 4 and Independence Day cause "they cannot get stock from their supplier"

What kind of shoddy operation are these guys running! Will be tracking that refund back to my paypal account!

Strange that they show "Ronin" on backorder - so are they saying they can never get the above two back in again? Looks like they decide on the fly that they could not be bothered selling at the advertised price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Same here, four dispatched, two backordered, one cancelled.

That's the second time they've cancelled Independence Day on me!

And that's the last time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

It sounds to me like they put one or two really attractive BD's in the sale to attract people's attention. People then buy one or two older, less attractive BD's at the same time and CD WOW then cancel the newer attractive ones.

Very sharp practice if you ask me, I wouldn't shop with them after hearing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

I still have a mighty €6 voucher that they gave me after their last shenannigans, but I still refuse to use them again. Reading the above, it makes my decision easier to stand by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

My two Blu-rays hae yet to be dispatched but if they do cancel I'l b hititng them up with the usual 'you formed a binding contract by accepting payment' and seeing where the law gets me.

But besides that, I noticed that they hid alot of their cheaper Blu-rays during the later half of the sale, with the whole collection only reappearing in collected form yesterday.

And people should check their spam folders - I found a €3 Euro voucher that's valid until the end of May from them. I used that for one of my Blu-rays, so it will be interesting to see if they cancel either the one in the sale or the one I used the voucher on.

Soarer, you should use the voucher since all not using it does is save them money. If you still don't want to use it, I'm always willing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

one of mine is dispatched but 'Man on Fire' is on Backorder
    That's the one I really wanted :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement