Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade, budget 1000-1500

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

If it was round €150 that wouldn't be too much of a problem....I can give or take a little with the €1000 budget.

Is this a good offer? Just saw it on overclockers, down to £756 from £906 - Titan Goliath on OC.co.uk

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Not bad, just bear in mind that when you add the HD4890, Irish VAT, and p&p you're really looking at a ballpark figure of ~€1050 without OS, screen, peripherals etc.... But at least you have a nice wee OC on the i7 :D

It's looking like hardwareversand.de can't be beaten at all! :D A Q9550 built might do the job for me Solitaire if you had any recommendations for that....... I'll stop pestering you then and make a decision! Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

XFX HD4890 back in stock :) Xigmatek Midgard, now out of stock! :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least it's just a hair over €770 shipped...

HWVS180809a.png

Went overkill on the mobo for you ;) If you do intend to add a second HD4890 later get the Superflower Atlas 680W or the Corsair TX750 instead of the Antec.

• Advertisement

I'm just about to click on the checkout on HWVS, had to swap a few components as they were out of stock and I don't want it to hold up the whole order. Am I missing anything? The items I changed were the RAM, the PSU and the DVD RW. Thanks.

system.gif

It comes to €778 inc €20 for them to build it. Think delivery then is €30.

Was going to order this 23" Acer monitor from Amazon and this logitech EX10 wireless keyboard and mouse

On second thoughts, I've added this to my package: LG Flatron 23" from HWVS so everything will all be delivered in one go. Final verdiect before I hit my bank a/c? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Yeah if you've no plans to upgrade to 2 4890's then i'd get a cheaper motherboard.
    There's very little point in getting a crossfire mobo especially when your psu won't support two 4890's too...

though, Not a bad price on the ol' monitor i must say

Well, in terms of upgrade, what can I do with the 4890....add more memory to it? Don't really think I'd need 2 gfx cards. Would I save much by getting a less swanky mobo? That spec is based on what the extremely knowledgeable and helpful solitaire recommended. Gonna order this thing tonight anyway.....after a few more tweaks maybe :)

The reason why that mobo is the price it is is cause it has that second pcie slot...

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=26108&agid=659

Something like this would be cheaper and still do all you want it to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Is that 30 euro delivery charge regardless of what you're getting? For example adding in a big monitor , case etc would the cost remain the same?

I think it's just their standard DHL charge from mainland Europe to Ireland. The charge was the same before and after adding the monitor. It's ordered now anyway. I went with the mobo in the spec above cos it was only 25-30 extra compared to the 1 Effluo recommended and I'd like to have the option for further expansion down the line. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get kit from HWVS?

I placed my order yesterday and the money has left my account but I haven't got an email or anything off HWVS yet. What is their normal procedure? Do they contact you to let you know about delivery or what?

Usually takes a few days for dispatch me thinks.

Be patient, prob won't arrive till about early, the week after next

Didn't think it would take that long for €30 delivery. Sure it'll be here when it's here. Just found it odd not to get a confirmation email or anything. Ze Germanz must have a different way of doing things!

Advertisement