Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Choice of 2 Bluetooth Car Kits - €15 delivered [MyMemory.co.uk]

• 22-05-2009 9:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

The first one is the BluTalk BT1230 Bluetooth Sun Visor Car Kit which clips to your sun-visor.

6814_1203933239.jpg

Features include:
    Details

- Sleek and stylish brushed metal and black design
    - Designed to be used in the home, office or the car
    - Built-in echo cancellation and noise cancellation
    - Capable of pairing up to three Bluetooth enabled mobile phones
    - Voice dialing (if supported by handset)
    - DSP audio quality
    - USB connectivity for PC (can be used for VoIP)
    - Built-in Lithium Ion rechargeable battery
    - Small compact portable design
    - Class II Bluetooth standard
    - Bluetooth version 1.2
    - 30-foot Bluetooth working range
    Specification

- Standard Bluetooth 1.1 specification
    - Frequency band 2.4 GHz ~ 2.4835 GHz ISM band
    - Output power 0dBm (class 2)
    - Power consumption 10 mA ~ 20 mA (standby)
    - Output consumption 100 mA ~ 350 mA (working)
    - Dark current low of 30Ua
    - Total output power 2W
    - Bluetooth 1.2
    - Standby Time: 144 hrs
    - Talk Time 6.6 hrs
    - Dimensions: 1.5 x 2.75 x 4.25-inches (H x W x L)

Contents:
    - BluTalk Hands-free Bluetooth Sun-Visor Car Kit
    - Rechargeable 3.6V Li-ion battery
    - Car charger
    - USB cable

While the second is the Siemens HKW-700

1850_1205923048.jpg

Features include:
    Details

Simply connect the Siemens HKW-700 into the cigarette lighter socket of your vehicle and enjoy the comfort of wireless talking without the use of your hands.
    Specification

A wide range of Bluetooth®-capable mobile phones (with hands-free profile) connect to this car solution very easily. The speaker and microphone of the car kit let you hear the person you talk to and transmit your voice. That way you can have a conversation and still keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the steering wheel.
    Numbers you are dialing and those of incoming callers are displayed on the car kit’s screen. Through this screen, you can even scroll through the mobile phone’s address book to pick a number from an existing contact.
    Thanks to full duplex voice-quality, this in-car solution produces crystal clear sound transmission with echo-compensation and noise suppression. That way others won’t even know that you are traveling in your car.
    The Siemens HKW-700 – there is no easier way to be safe and still in touch on the road.
    I'm torn on which one to get.. as the Siemens model have phone book synchronisation and caller display while the BluTalk one doesn't (but the BluTalk would definitely be better sound as it's above your head as opposed to in your cigarette lighter).

Couple of more Bluetooth Car Kits available here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anybody ever use any of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭normanbond

thanks for prompt, just ordered the first one on your thread. They forwarded an email so that I can track delivery. €15 - hope it's worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

normanbond wrote: »
    thanks for prompt, just ordered the first one on your thread. They forwarded an email so that I can track delivery. €15 - hope it's worth it!!
    Sounds good. Let us know what you make of it when you get it. Thinking of getting one myself. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

I ordred the second one.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks OP for a great bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't mymemory based in Jersey and extra customs charges will apply on arrival?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

carbsy wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't mymemory based in Jersey and extra customs charges will apply on arrival?

Maybe so, but not for itmes worth e15. Tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ordered from them on Sunday, still pending **sigh** any idea what it means?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

basquille wrote: »
    I'm torn on which one to get.. as the Siemens model have phone book synchronisation and caller display while the BluTalk one doesn't (but the BluTalk would definitely be better sound as it's above your head as opposed to in your cigarette lighter).

Although the Blutalk one has a lithium battery, murphy's law means that when you really need it, the battery will be flat so you'll end up plugging it into the cigarette lighter. You'll then have a cable getting in the way and obstructing your vision. I'd go with the Siemens, just my opinion.

handsfree kit arrived bubble wrapped by an post parcel delivery yesterday. fitted to car visor this eve. very happy - good quality item, easy to use and good sound. Thanks basquille!!

Got the siemens one today.

Works well but I can't get it to upload the phonebookm from a nokia e51.

Any ideas if I can do this.

• Advertisement

have you gone into bluetooth menu and turned remote sim on? otherwise i haven't a clue!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Got one! Cheers for the link!

normanbond wrote: »
    have you gone into bluetooth menu and turned remote sim on? otherwise i haven't a clue!!

Thanks, I have remote SIM on, also I have tried to send the contacts to the car kit via bluetooth and this did not work either.

A great bit of kit for E15, having the phone book would be the iceing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Any ideas what phones the sun visor kit works with?

I have a Sony Ericsson

i'd say any phone that has bluetooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any ideas what phones the sun visor kit works with?

I have a Sony Ericsson
    I'm sure there's more but for the time being - see here!
    Nokia
    N70, N80, N90, N91, 3250, 3630, 6103, 6111, 6125,
    6131, 6151, 6230, 6230i, 6233, 6280, 6310, 6600,
    6630, 6670, 6680, 6820, 7280, 7370, 7600, 7610,
    8910i, 9300

Sony
    T610, T630, K510i, K600i, K610im, K700i, K750i,
    K800i, Z550i, Z600, Z610i, Z710i, Z800i, W300i,
    W550i, W700i, W710i, W800i, W810i, W850i, T68, T68i

Motorola
    E1070, A780, A1200, L6, V360, V3i, V3x, V501, V6,
    V600i, E398, MPX220, V635

Panasonic
    X700, X70, X800, VS6

Samsung
    D500, D508, D600, D608, D838, E568, E628, E738,
    E908, P858, Z238, D528, X808

BENQ
    S88, M580, M315, CF61, CL71,

Blackberry

ETEN
    M600+

Siemens
    CX75, S55, S65, SX1

BENQ-SIE
    S68, EL71

Dopod
    P800w, S300, 818, 828, 900, 9000

Philips

Palm One
    Treo

Sharp
    903H-703H, GX-T15, GXT17

LG
    C3380, G262, M6100, F2500, KG320,
    KG800, P7200

Toshiba
    TS30, 803, 809

AMOI
    V800

ASUS
    J201-BT, V80

Bird
    D600

HP-PDA

3GNET
    UMTKBT

O2
    Xda-Atom

OKWAP
    A232

BT1230 popular Mobile Phone
    compatibility list - The BT1230 hands
    free bluetooth sunvisor speaker is also
    compatible to most other (non-listed)
    Bluetooth enabled devices – Including
    Mobile Phones, Smartphones and PDA’s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

The siemens one faces the wrong way for a right hand drive car. Or can the display switch to be the other way round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

basquille wrote: »

Ahaaa!! So the connector to the cigarette lighter is via a cable and not housed directly to the side of the device. The pic on mymemory is a bit deceiving.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So everyone who got one are happy out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

dingding wrote: »

Siemens Bluetooth Car Kit

Have just ordered one and also have an E51. Found a manual here
    which might help. Would love to know if you get it working. ;)

bazwaldo wrote: »
    The siemens one faces the wrong way for a right hand drive car. Or can the display switch to be the other way round?

You can switch the text to appear upside down by pressing 2 buttons for a couple of seconds, instructions with the kit.

See a couple of pages in on M8's link above.

THe kit has a fixed plug which is adjustable, it is not connected with a cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Got the BT-1230 and it doesnt work, It is going to cost almost as much as it cost to send it back and they will only pay a max of £0.75 towards the postage.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Got the BT-1230 and it doesnt work, It is going to cost almost as much as it cost to send it back and they will only pay a max of £0.75 towards the postage.

Got one of these also and I cant get it to work with my Sony K800I phone. Dont know if it is faulty or just a piece of cr*p

My Siemens one stopped working, Not worth sending it back for 15 Euro.

Completely dead.

after turning on the hands free set, go to 'search for additional devices' on your mobile. while your phone is scanning for devices - press the telephone icon on the hands free set to send a signal to your phone. I thought that my one wasn't working either untill I started pressing a few buttons and came up with this solution!! This may be a fix for your problem - otherwise I dunno!!

My 'hands free' set works perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

got the semiens for a family member who claims to be impressed.

dingding wrote: »

Got mine today and have same issue with the phonebook but don't mind as I can use voice recognition to call someone ;)

Great value item. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I have a parrot kit and an e51. there are known issues with connecting e51's to any bluetooth car kits. I resolved the issue by upgrading the firmware on the e51 (after spending a week researching it!!)

• Advertisement

I have a parrot kit and an e51. there are known issues with connecting e51's to any bluetooth car kits. I resolved the issue by upgrading the firmware on the e51 (after spending a week researching it!!)

I tried to update but already have same version as the update 200.34.36

is this the version you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

My Sun Visor Kit arrived during the week.

I cant seem to get in working. The red light on the front hasnt disappeared even though ive charged it for hours.

When i disconnect it from my pc it just wont power up.

Doesnt look like a good buy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

m8 wrote: »
    I tried to update but already have same version as the update 200.34.36

is this the version you have?

Hi no thats the version I was on, I'm now on 300.34.56. I'll try dig out the article where it explains how to "trick" your phone into thinking it needs new firmware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

:mad: These guys are unbelievable.

Email from PayPal to say I’d received a refund for part of an order to mymemory. (I bought the Siemens Bluetooth & was eagerly waiting delivery).

No mention of what the refund was for, so I emailed mymemory querying the refund.

Finally received this reply "Thank you for your email.I'm afraid that the refund was for the Siemens Bluetooth kit. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that might cause."

Why did they let me buy it if there was no stock? I’ve selected other items and it told me it wasn't in stock :confused:

So, anybody got a spare one they’d like to sell me!!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

They WERE showing as "out of stock" for the past week or two. I checked back today and no "out of stock" warning....so I've just ordered one.:)

Nforce - If you manage to get one, fair play to you, but I will hunt them down and throttle them. ;)

I ordererd mine on monday and according to mymemory at 3pm today there are none in stock..

good luck, let me know how you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Well I got one first time around........but so far it's looking good for #2:D

Nforce - if you manage to get another one, i'd buy it off you :D but id say ur chances are slim, or they just dont like girls!

Actually - just got this email from MYMEMORY when I complained again saying the site was allowing me to place an order.. (was thinking of your order :p )

"RE: Siemens Bluetooth LCD Car Kit + Caller ID
    Unfortunately we are currently unable to source this product.
    We will issue an immediate refund for your convenience, please allow 72 hours for this to be seen in your account."

Just checked again & they still havent amended their website saying not available.

Advertisement