Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Also Not Getting Paid

Options
  • 22-05-2009 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All
    I thought my position was pretty bad till I read some of the other posts but here goes you might be able to give me a dig out. I work for a company who agreed to pay me €25,000 OTE at the interview made up of €19,500 basic and 5,500 commision ( I have this in writing) i was hired in Feb.

The company was very busy for the last few months because we are an outsourcing company under contract to another company going through a big switch in their business.

One of our company directors said when things settle down we will get backdated commision. Things have settled down and all they are offering us is a possible €142 every two weeks which was backdated but still leaves me 1,808 a year short. On top of this they have failed to pay this €142 in two pay runs. They refuse to give me a cheque and say they will put this commision into the next pay run in two weeks.

I called the Citizens Advice line they said it was contractual and take legal advise.

Of course legal action and solictors cost money (probably more than I am owed).
    Is there a free place I can get legal advice?
    If i take them to court will I have to bay a fortune?
    Is their a small claims court for employment issues?
    (i know it was a long post thanks for reading)

Advertisement