Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Cheques go out of Date?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I have a cheque at home for the princely sum of €6.30. It was sent to me over a year ago, maybe longer. Is it still ok to lodge?I could with the €6 now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

No. Cheques go stale after six months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Keitel

Dammit.I had it so good good last year that i laughed at that measily figure when it was sent to me. I'm not laughing now let me tell you. Thats 7 Tuborg gone down the swanny. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Yes, its stale, but you probably wouldn't have it refused for that amount. Take your chances and lodge it in an express lodgement machine rather than going to the counter. Its highly unlikely it will be returned to you, although it may happen. If it is returned to you you would be charged for the honour so would end up with nothing, given that its a small amount.

Your other option is to ask the issuer to send you a replacement.

Advertisement