Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Swimming Pool

• 22-05-2009 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Recently started lessons in the pool in Ennis and noticed a few things,:mad:
    1. Where are the personal showers? (as in can you not have a shower after swimming unless you decide to strip off over beside to pool where the showers are in open view)
    2. The changing rooms stink! When me and my friends were gettin changed, the smell of wee off them was disgusting! :(
    3. When there is lessons on we have a different instructor each night? How the hell are you supposed to progress and have confidence learning how to swim when every instructor has a different method of teaching?

I just imagined that the pool in ennis was well run, and clean but once I finish out these lessons I WILL not be returning there!!

anyone recommend a nicer pool?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Hi bannerbabe,
    1.The Personal showers are at the pool end of the rows of changing cubicles. I think there's about 3-4 personal showers in total. It can be hard to spot them, as they have the same doors as the change cubicles.

2. It can depend on when all the kids are in, with the dirty changing rooms. I've been swimming there with the kids for several years, and haven't found them any better or worse than any other public pool around the country that I've seen. (Limerick & Cork).

3. Sounds like you are getting jipped alright with the lessons. I would demand a refund and/or some consistency.
    The pool is just a venue. There are many private clubs, as well as ennis pool itself, providing swimming lessons. Maybe look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bannerbabe

Hey ya. cheers for the reply,

I didnt realise there was showers there so thats good 2 hear thank u..

We do seem to be the only class there thats has a rotating instructor tho ... :(
    Its annoying because the other classes that are on with us have the same instructor each week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

As public pools go I find it pretty good. They have alot of staff hosing the place down continually so I wouldn't have much quibbles with the hygene. When you've got a thousand kids going in there a day pee is a forgone conclusion.

The swimming lessons in the place are a bit cheap and cheerful. They don't have alot of appreciation for nerves, so instruction in a private pool elsewhere may be better if your nervy. They teach it pretty well from a technique point of view, it's just alot of the instructors aren't very sympathetic types.

Learning to swim initially is unpleasant, but once you get over the initial hump it's not so bad. Just a matter of building up your stamina.. which takes lots and lots and lots of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bannerbabe

I put the hygiene factor down to the fact that our lessons are on so late in the evening, and a full days activities has taken place, :rolleyes: but as for the instructors, its a disgrace...
    some young lad was teaching last night and starting mouthing off and shouting orders and when a lady reminded him that its lessons and were only learning how to swim (which is how everyone felt) and not a competitive swimmer he said when im talking your not... and wit that she walked out of the class. Its a disgrace that we pay for lessons to learn how to swim only to be made feel stupid and laughed at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

I was in the pool last week (first time in yonks) and must say I was very impressed with facilities and cleanliness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

bannerbabe wrote: »
    I put the hygiene factor down to the fact that our lessons are on so late in the evening, and a full days activities has taken place, :rolleyes: but as for the instructors, its a disgrace...
    some young lad was teaching last night and starting mouthing off and shouting orders and when a lady reminded him that its lessons and were only learning how to swim (which is how everyone felt) and not a competitive swimmer he said when im talking your not... and wit that she walked out of the class. Its a disgrace that we pay for lessons to learn how to swim only to be made feel stupid and laughed at.

Thats insane. and is the guy still teaching there? are the lessons dear there and are there better than that guy there?

thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread is 18 months old. Please don't bump up old threads like this.
    Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement