Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to the internet through PC Suite

• 22-05-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I see on PC Suite, that there is an option to connect your PC to the internt by using the phone as a modem.

Has anyone tried this ? Is it any good?

I have a 250MB add on with my meteor Nokie E51 and I've just cancelled my eircom broadband, so this might be a cheap alternative.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It's easy to set up, just go to set up manually, enter data.mymeteor.ie as the Access point name and ignore all other settings.

But 250mb (not 250gb) a month is nowhere near enough to work as a realistic alternative to real broadband. Even meteor's mobile broadband gives a limit 20 times that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Sorry, MB it is. Thanks, I'll give it a go over the weekend and see how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I have a 250MB add on with my meteor Nokie E51 and I've just cancelled my eircom broadband, so this might be a cheap alternative.

It might have been wise to test this before cancelling the broadband!

Advertisement