Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with Windows Mobile 6.1 and Vidafone Live

• 22-05-2009 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to bring this up again folks, I have read the sticky and searched boards for similar threads. I found a few but am still confused.

I find the WM6.1 network connections interface very confusing. Can anyone tell me step by step how to setup vodafone live (the 99c per day version on pay as you go) ?

Should it be setup as part of "My Work Network" or as its own "Vodafone Live" ?

When I set it up, I still want my phone to use my WiFi connection at home as default, and only use vodafone live if I specifically tell it to. Is this possible ?

Under Netwotk Management
    Surely "programs that auto connect to the internet" and "programs that auto connect to a private network" would be one and the same no ? What about when we use our private network to connect to the internet (via router etc) ??

as I say, I find the entire windows mobile networking system a mess, very confusing and have never gotten vodafone live working properly. Even the fact that under vodafone, there is mms, wap, isp etc ??? wtf ????

btw, my phone is HTC Touch HD

Many thanks for any desperately needed help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

crikey folks, someone out there must be using WM61 and Vodafone or any Irish 3g provider ?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I have an Xperia running wino 6.1 and it will not connect to live for love or money.

No probs in it connecting to Vodafone ISP but just won't connect to live - tried with the automatically received settings and manually inputting them but no luck.

Connects to 3 and O2 no probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

parsi wrote: »
    I have an Xperia running wino 6.1 and it will not connect to live for love or money.

No probs in it connecting to Vodafone ISP but just won't connect to live - tried with the automatically received settings and manually inputting them but no luck.

Connects to 3 and O2 no probs.

Meteor is no issue either. I'd say the restriction on the Vodafone Live! APN is most likely the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

If I setup the phone to use just "My Work Network" under both "programs that auto connect to the internet" and under "programs that auto connect to a private network"....

and then manually setup vodafone under the "My Work Network" device as follows...
    1. add new modem connection
    2. name it (vodafone etc)
    3. select modem to cellular line (gprs, 3g)
    4. enter apn "live.vodafone.com"
    5. username and password - "vodafone"
    6. under "My Work Network" setup proxy as 10.24.59.100
    7. under advanced set socks to 10.24.59.100:1080

Then it works. I can disable wifi, enable data connection and browse the internet.

THE PROBLEM here, is that if I go into college, and use my phone over their wifi, the proxy server gets changed thus disabling vodafone all over again.

So, it works if you set it up manually under the "My Work Network" device. But I need it set it up as a seperate device so that the proxy doesnt get messed up. I have tried editing the auto created "vodafone live" device, it just wont work. I tried editing the "my isp" device but that has no proxy setting.

Can anyone please help me make any frickin sense of this. ?

Advertisement