Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you buy for a 1 yr old?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

My buddy's kid has his 1st bday tm and I am supposed to go.

What would be a good prezzie for such a small person? I'm going to feel so weird shopping for kiddies stuff so I'd like a fair idea of where and what so I can be in and out asap.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

You could go into Smyths and there is a section that says the ages for the children, for example, 12 to 36 months old. You could ask somebody what sells well, problem if some other people had the same idea then the child is likely to have everything on the shelf already, and you don't want to get him something he already has.

Could play it safe with a soft teddy bear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

A lot of people like to get kids prize bonds. They might be lucky and it saves you shopping for kids toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Where do you get these Bonds from tho?
    I don't think I've ever heard of anyone winning anything from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You're not thinking lazy enough. Whenever my niece has a birthday (1 so far) I just get her aunt to buy her something from me....

.....that or get something really loud that'll wreck your buddy's head....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Bill-e wrote: »
    Where do you get these Bonds from tho?

post office, or the website.
    lots and lots of people win money on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

You're not thinking lazy enough. Whenever my niece has a birthday (1 so far) I just get her aunt to buy her something from me....

I know a person exactly like you!!grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Great idea!

With the prize bonds I'd have to know the littler feckers name and address... I don't. Damnit I'm a bad friend.
    Bummer! Might hit up that baby shop in MP later and ask them to sell me something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Get him (assuming it is a him) a little hurley & sliotar in Cummins sports. A little jersey to match too if you are feeling generous.
    He won't be able to use it yet but everyone will love taking photos with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

nothing. you buy something for the parents, write the young lads name on it. parents see the name and feel good about it.

i cant remember what people bought me when i was 1. probably didn't even know what was going on at the time

Advertisement