Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP / MySQL Open source DMS

Options
  • 22-05-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a fairly comprahensive open source Document Management System. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations. It needs to be WAMP compatible too. I thought I had hit the jackpot with epiware but the windows version isn't anything like as comprahensive as the LINUX version.

• Ideally I would like something that could hold -documents, images and videos
    • Allows users to be divided in to groups.
    • Provides version tracking for documents checked in and out.

If it contained a news section and discussion fourm that would be a bonus, but not essential we can add these.

Thanks,
    Derick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,493 ✭✭✭corkie

Since nobody has replied have you tried alfresco.com.

Haven't used any of these DMS myself but maybe someone who has may reply soon.

CMS for web apps is where I have tested things.

elgg.org as social networking platform has some of the features you mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I've used knowledge tree before and it was ok. the only thing I found was that it could be quite slow (but I was running it on a low spec box)

The community version is available from http://www.knowledgetree.com/opensource

Advertisement