Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth-Meath County border

Options
  • 22-05-2009 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi Im trying to find out for a LC project where the exactly the Louth-Meath border on the map is can anyone help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm not taking the piss but you are looking for the border between two countys on a map?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

DO you have a copy of the map that you are working off. I can tell you that Highlands is on the border in Drogheda.

ALso Drogheda West Electorial Map shows the border http://www.louthcoco.ie/downloads/Elections2009/DroghedaWestSm.pdf and here is the Drogheda East map
    http://www.louthcoco.ie/downloads/Elections2009/DroghedaEastSm.pdf

They are from a posting a few days ago on the site here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Puppies

Doubt the councils will be much help, my place of business is on the Louth Meath border, our address is Louth, we pay our rates to Meath, our phone number is Meath 046, totally confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The boyne river forms the county boundary between Louth and Meath, at least from Drogheda to Navan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Wertz , i think you will find thats wrong as there are old county boundary stones that mark the county boundaries one of these is close to beamore,one out the Marsh rd, also Ballsgrove and most of rathmullan, Mary street and marion park , and Wheaton hall, all in Co Louth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DeanW17

cedarfield the estate is louth and then i think the last roundabout on way to donore is meath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Also theres a sign saying welcome to co. meath way out the road towards gormanstown i recall, all very confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

macadam wrote: »
    Wertz , i think you will find thats wrong as there are old county boundary stones that mark the county boundaries one of these is close to beamore,one out the Marsh rd, also Ballsgrove and most of rathmullan, Mary street and marion park , and Wheaton hall, all in Co Louth.

Okay I'll take your word on it. I was pretty sure that's what I was told in school. I said navan above...that's obviously wrong (well inside meath), but the boyne in drogheda formed the county border.
    Odd that the internet is full of interactive maps yet there's no way of getting an accurate map of the county boundaries. OS maps are probably the only way to get this info.

Pretty sure the meath welcome at gormanstown is the Dub/Meath border no?

[edit] google throws up this:

http://www.londonancestor.com/maps/bc-xlouth.htm

As far as I can see the southern extremity of the border lies at the boyne...maybe some of the markers on the marsh rd etc are due to shifts in the river's course over the centuries.

Advertisement