Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jonathon Ross too risky to go out live

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Beeb didn't like the cold steel of middle England indignancey up'm after that last bruhaha. Steering a very cautious course these days.

Mind you this attitude has become more the norm in recent months even in other media/entertainment/social forms too. For e.g Mike I've noticed that even here (on the Radio forum) that language and indeed slightly edgier comments/material has been infracted or warned against. Is this the way of the future?...I'm not so sure.

This isn't a go at this forum, I'm just using it a comparison too B2's cautiousness towards offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

This is another sad day for the beeb. They are allowing the Daily Fail dictate what is acceptable on air, a newspaper who have proven themselves to be 'selective' over what warrants consternation in different juristrictions. Ross will be gone by the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Can't believe he hasn't walked yet, must be some pay cheque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ntlbell wrote: »
    Can't believe he hasn't walked yet, must be some pay cheque

And nowhere to walk to. Nobody else can offer him a TV and radio deal of similar calibre. Also the UK has no national FM general content service that isn't owned by the BBC - I can't see his show working on Classic FM now really! Nor would Absolute or Talksport be able to afford him with AM/DAB audiences.

When presenters in the US get remonstrated for what they've done they've other syndication companies to go to, satellite radio, other networks... not in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

By the way, wasn't Sachsgate pre-recorded as it is? This won't change much then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

he is really funny like and that andrew sachs craic is going to haunt him forever and while some people took that too seriously i think it was funny. only having a laugh with him like

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

RHunce wrote: »
    he is really funny like and that andrew sachs craic is going to haunt him forever and while some people took that too seriously i think it was funny. only having a laugh at him like
    fyp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Why is it British people have to read tabloid headlines before they know what to be outraged about ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Why is it British people have to read tabloid headlines before they know what to be outraged about ?
    The answer could be interpreted as personal abuse

Advertisement