Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much should recording cost?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

how much should it cost a band to do a first album in a studio?

i've been using boards quite a lot lately to see what general peoples views are because i really don't know much about 'the industry'. i'm in a band that have been together for a while and there's a lot of discussion going on about different things to do such as 'should we find a manager?' or 'should we do a music video?'. another idea has been to do an album and the rest of the guys have their heart set on it. i was wondering how much people thought it should cost for a band to do their first album. we were planning on spending 10 months to a year doing it if not more. the idea of doing it ourselves has been outvoted so its seems to be set that we're doing it in a studio. we were going to do an ep or single but were advised that it would be cheaper in the long run to do an album. can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Go to the Music Production forum which is underneath this one...You'd get an answer much quicker from guys working in that area...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

Don't do it yourself...if your serious....MP forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭bathroom gurgle

tubedude i already said i wanted to do it myself. it was outvoted 3 to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

Im a sound engineer that has seen an album costing E14,000 go into a bin (literally), and productions with a budget of E100-E200 make it into the download chart's in the top 3. It all depends what your target is- do you want the "name" producer to re-write the songs, do you want a say in every engineered detail or none...

feel free to pm me a few details and i'l send you back the sort of fee myself or a few producers would expect, or I can give you a few numbers to ring

Advertisement