Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Phone for Older Person

• 22-05-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

My mother is in her late 60's and wants to get a new mobile phone. She had an old Nokia which she never really got used to using but it is banjaxed now.

Her eyesight isn't great and she has very little patience for technology so ideally something with larger buttons and a big display. She couldn't care less about a camera, mp3 player etc.

Is there any phone in particular you would recommend? Most of the family are on Meteor but their range of phones seems quite limited.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

nokia 3120 on metero should do her the finest, it's not overly complicated and has a good clear display...

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

nokia 3120 on metero should do her the finest, it's not overly complicated and has a good clear display...

Thanks drunkmonkey, I'll bring her down to the shop today and we'll have a look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

My Granny got a phone from Vodafone specifically designed for older people, large fonts, emergency button with a specific number stored, very uncomplicated operation throughout. No idea of the make though, might be worth dropping into a Vodafone shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

This post has been deleted.

Thanks Captain Morgan, we'll have a look at that one in the 02 shop too. Looks pretty fool proof!

• Advertisement
Advertisement