Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have there been a lot of Meteor refunds lately?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

So a while ago I got the 250Mb data plan option from Meteor, used it over the weekend, then found that it didn't actually kick in until the next bill was sent out and that I was about to be charged 980 euro for the month. I spoke to Meteor, they agreed to reduce it and I was going to be charged 150 euro for the month (twice my local fee, but better than nearly a grand). A fortnight or so later, they took a grand out of my bank account, wiping me out two weeks from payday. I was, oddly, not amused. I rang Meteor and they agreed it was a mistake and I was due a refund (of 780 euro) and that it'd be with me in eight working days because of bank delays. That was at the start of April.

Since then, I've learnt that the actual refund payment has been sitting in the inbox queue in the Meteor Finance Team's office, awaiting signoff. It still hasn't been sent to the bank for payment. I'm told by Meteor that this is because of a backlog in the Finance Team with a lot of refunds.

Hence the thread - have there been a lot of these refunds of late? Has anyone else had this sort of problem with getting a refund from Meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

When I signed up to the 250MB add on I got a text immediately telling me that it wouldn't be active until my next billing date. Did you not get that text?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No, didn't get any text message about it. Got a phone call to my voicemail, but that was several days later.

However, that's rather an aside - I spoke to Meteor about the charges and we came to an agreement about them, and I was happy enough with that. Then they charged me the full grand, and when I called them about it, they admitted it wasn't meant to happen like that and that there would be a refund. This aspect of it is all done and dusted - there's no contention on either side about the charges or the amount paid or the refund amount, or that a refund is due.

The problem is just getting the refund processed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Charge them interest on the amount due, and make them pay any charges you incurred by their actions/inactions.

MC

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

When I signed up to the dataplan I was told in store I couldn't use it till a set date or I'd be charged and I also received a txt saying this to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Im not on a data plan but there 6 weeks ago I tried to download a game from Jamster. It wouldnt work and I tried it again and again, etc. Got landed with a data bill of around €140. I was adamant that I was only paying for the data that actually arrived on my phone, not for the failed attempts they were charging me for.
    Eventually they saw it my way and refunded the whole amount even though I was prepared to pay for what I actually got.
    It took two 20 minute+ phone calls to sort it out before the manageress relented. Id say you must stick to your guns and keep arguing your points in a calm and reasonable manner, eventually you'll get there ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement