Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon tea

Options
  • 22-05-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Heya.Where is really nice to go for afternoon tea in Dublin or surrounding area? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi,

Before Christmas went to Dunboyne Castle Hotel

16 euro each gave you more sandwiches / cakes / fancies than you could eat and tea to drown in .. very nice

Other hotels of the same ilk would be similar ( Carton Hse etc )

The Shelbourne is also wonderful , booking for that is essential I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There are loads of places in town;

Merrion
    Westbury
    Westin
    Shelbourne
    Gresham
    Four Seasons
    The Clarence

Even the M&S rooftop restuarant does a decent one - if you can get a seat on the balcony in good weather, you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Cheers for all the suggestions. Can anyone vouch for any of the dublin ones in particular for yummy-ness and also a decent feed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I've been threatening to go for ages, but I've never gone. I'm sure they'd all be of a decent standard. Maybe pick the location you like the best?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

The Westbury one is great. One between two will feed you easily or it did the last time I was there. Good selection of sandwiches, nice fresh scones and lovely little fancies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I've had afternoon tea in the clarence and it was delicious, scones a bit on the burnt side but it didn't really detract from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

Can't praise the Westbury enough. They have these cute little cakes stands and everything. Really nice tea and scones.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Cheers for all the replies....looks like i shall go the Westbury to stuff my face with lil lady like treats.....:-D

Advertisement