Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People looking for websites

Options
  • 22-05-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering whether there are people on boards who are looking for some websites designed for them. Basically I'm about be finish working soon and want to get back into the website design/development so as to update my skills. Furthermore I want to get into design/development so would like to have a portfolio to showcase my talents to prospective employers/clients

I have various designs that are not in use but would really like them to be used in live sites to add to my portfolio and showcase them on my site. I have advertisied on adverts before (providing designs for free) but the reply always seems to want to include a cart etc for free etc which people dont seem to understand can be complex and may require €€'s (I ask some what their budget is and the usual response is 'as cheap as possible', etc which can be frustrating especially when they do not provide requirements and expect magical websites within hours).

Basically I'm here requesting that if anyone is genuinely interested in a website to contact me. I have designs available for free and any other genuine designs will be done for cheap (€50- €100, maybe less depends on requirments etc) just to get my portfolio full of live designs.

Ta for reading :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sorry but you are a long time on boards and adverts.ie and are well aware there are rules and charters about advertising. This isnt allowed on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Right, I don't think I fully understand why this is against the rules? The only rule I can imagine that it conflicts with "4. NO ADVERTISING. You want to advertise, go and buy a block of banners from the Boards.ie owners. That also includes any "we are cheaper" claims." however I thought that I was not soliciting/advertising only looking for advise on how to use these designs. The issue I have had is that through boards and adverts that people are not genuine in their interest re the designs and expect these designs to be changed (somtimes whole designs changed) and still expect the design for free (hence the paragraph "Basically I'm here requesting that if anyone is genuinely interested in a website to contact me. I have designs available for free and any other genuine designs will be done for cheap (€50- €100, maybe less depends on requirments etc) just to get my portfolio full of live designs." ).

How can I edit the post as to removing the "advertising" but keeping the premise that I have designs available (as is) for free for genuine parites? If not possible please delete entire thread.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,493 ✭✭✭corkie

In return for free advertising on my own site?

Could you come up a logo for my site better than one I created quickly one day.
    It serves we well for the time begin.

See the current logo I'm refering to from the links in my sig and read my about page should give you some ideas to start with. Or P.M. me.

Regards,
    J.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Not even for free advertising, I just want site/logos etc that I can add to my portfolio. Can you PM with links and requirements etc, if genuine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Advertising for work is not permitted here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement