Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Komplett Crazy Week Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Probably junk if past sales are anything to go by. Komplett are nowhere near as good or competitive as they were a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Another "Crazy" Sale..

.. I really wish companies would stop bringing up mental illness with regards to advertising sales.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Worth having a look at
    thanks for the heads up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

basquille wrote: »
    Another "Crazy" Sale..

.. I really wish companies would stop bringing up mental illness with regards to advertising sales.

As long as there's no monkey. Please god let there be no monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Sorry for the OT but, ummmm, the Utd. Rafa hasn't actually won a premier league medal, has he?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    Another "Crazy" Sale..

The bargains are schizophrenic and sociopathic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Crazy Weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Ever since their "You're Not An Idiot, Are You?" campaign, I've been spending my cash elsewhere. It's the lowest, most patronising slogan ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Fidelis wrote: »
    Ever since their "You're Not An Idiot, Are You?" campaign, I've been spending my cash elsewhere. It's the lowest, most patronising slogan ever.

+1 - Very insulting / derogatory, put me right off buying a TV from them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No surprise that the older generation shopped in Crazy Prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

It's 10 past 12 and there is nothing there still....

Liars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Am i missing something.................................or am i an idiot!!!

Ive just had a look at there "Crazy Sale" and i can only see 1 page with 26 products.............

Is this it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Torres09 wrote: »
    Am i missing something.................................or am i an idiot!!!

Ive just had a look at there "Crazy Sale" and i can only see 1 page with 26 products.............

Is this it?

looks to be it alright

really a laughable sale :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

funny thing is, it says lcd tvs

only one tv there :rolleyes:

Why dont they advertise 10%, 13%, 19% off.... instead of 30%, 40%, 50%...

Bunch of chancers..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

I got up before 12 for this?!?!?

pfft....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Selling a laptop that isn't in stock for 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Why are there are quite a few products with no discount at all? :D

Crazy is right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

You're not an idiot... right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Komplete crap :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

worst bargain ever (no offence OP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

what a bunch of chancers :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Komplett: Aaron

Howdy,

Thanks for the post... Just to clarify: The deals will be changing through the week.

Secondly, there's free pick up point delivery for the week (a saving of about 8 - 12 euro on everything).

Best

Aaron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Howdy,

Thanks for the post... Just to clarify: The deals will be changing through the week.

Secondly, there's free pick up point delivery for the week (a saving of about 8 - 12 euro on everything).

Best

Aaron

Well ye have got off to a terrible start - first impressions last - who in Komplete came up with the word CRAZY ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sweet baby jesus people are getting hung up over them using the word Crazy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Because it's well...not a Crazy sale, it's an average-bit-of-a-disappointment-sale

Howdy,

Best

Aaron

This is a total rip off, how do you justify charging people who get into there own car, use there own fuel, take their own time to go to your premises to collect product they purchase from you???

Can you please enlighten me? Why is there a charge-reduced or otherwise- for customers who collect from your premises?

If i drive to PowerCity, D.I.D, Harvey Normans or the like they dont charge to collect product???

A Sham.......................

At least they didn't call it a recession-beater.

Torres09 wrote: »
    This is a total rip off, how do you justify charging people who get into there own car, use there own fuel, take their own time to go to your premises to collect product they purchase from you???

Can you please enlighten me? Why is there a charge-reduced or otherwise- for customers who collect from your premises?

If i drive to PowerCity, D.I.D, Harvey Normans or the like they dont charge to collect product???

Because they still have to pay to get the item to the pick up point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is everything sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

WellyJ wrote: »

the pickup point is their warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

the pickup point is their warehouse.

Nope it is not, No stock is held in their dublin pick up point. afaik all orders are shipped to ireland from norway when they are made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

i stand corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

I just bought 8GB PC2-5300 ram for €58.00, which is a good deal. Note to Komplett: if you keep the pickup charge at zero always you will generate more business in Ireland. I would have gone over to Dabs, but your free pickup swayed me (hint hint :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Crazy, but not Krazy.
    Not worthy of consideration so.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

WellyJ wrote: »

And how is that any different from any other store, like DID, Powercity, etc.

They have to get the product to their store also. And komplett has an advantage knowing that the product has already been sold and will only be at the pick up point for a few days at most.

So it is a rip off if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

bk wrote: »

They have to get the product to their store also. And komplett has an advantage knowing that the product has already been sold and will only be at the pick up point for a few days at most.

Believe it or not, power city just works that cost into the overall cost of the TV.

Just like every other retailer.

bk wrote: »

Wrong again,

You can order something to the pick up point, and there is no obligation to buy it...

You pay on collection, so if you never turn up they have to send it back to Holland (I think, it maybe somewhere else).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 iMac

Just to clarify: The deals will be changing through the week.

is it really changing? its still the same since saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Komplett: Aaron

rco2000 wrote: »
    Well ye have got off to a terrible start - first impressions last - who in Komplete came up with the word CRAZY ?
    I'm sorry if that caused you some individual offence, though generally I would not say that the word "crazy" in the context of a sale has any subtle undertones.

Very simply, to explain the behind the curtains stuff, we are still a distance seller, as we've always been: Simply that we offer a pick up service that also allows you to pay at the counter, if you're not fond of online purchasing.

It is also cheaper to send items such as TV's, which AnPost will only take to a certain weight at increased cost before you are into DHL territory; and it is faster than delivery to your home, 2 working days if ordered before 1pm.

Also, AnPost for example will, with parcels, largely drop it off to their local depot and give you a docket to go and pick it up, for example.

We don't pretend that the PUP is anything other than what it is: A logistical hub, and another method of delivery you can choose to avail of, with some inherent advantages.

And we're still, by and large, far cheaper than the retailers you've mentioned, whether you use AnPost or the PUP.
    I just bought 8GB PC2-5300 ram for €58.00, which is a good deal. Note to Komplett: if you keep the pickup charge at zero always you will generate more business in Ireland. I would have gone over to Dabs, but your free pickup swayed me (hint hint smile.gif)
    So noted.
    is it really changing? its still the same since saturday?
    And on the seventh day, they rested ;) There's due to be updates as the week goes by.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

WTF! The prices seem to have changed since Saturday. I was about to buy a Toshiba USB 320GB HDD which was €48 at the weekend...now it's €59! What gives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Different 'offers' every day I think. You snooze, you lose. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

RECESSSION BUSTER SALE!!!!!!!!!!1111

Advertisement