Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling online poll on Dublin Euro Constituency

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

thats quite well done

IN the end it looks like it will reflect what will happen
    1 SF, 1 lab & 1 FG
    (though I dont think Mary Lou is going to top the poll!)

epic fail for FF though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

the only poll that counts..etc

certainly if FF candidates are defeated before the Libertas one, Biffo can pack his bags

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Not too sure the shinners will do so well ! But i am really amazed at 10 % giving the greens a first preference :eek: with the exception of Mary Lou I would be happy enough if it was a true reflection of the actual result come D Day !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

It's probably skewed by a higher youth vote, and the fact that there have only been 300 votes cast yet. It's a very interesting tool though, well done on finding it.

So this is what e-voting would have felt like?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

While in local elections I would vote for Labour, I'm split between Labour and Fine Gael when it comes to Europe.

I'm more alligned with the European Peoples Party than I am with PES. I like the idea of minimum wage across Europe which PES advocates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Thats really good!

Should be more interesting when a couple of thousand have voted and of course older people will be less inclined to use it not being so internet savvy as the yoof!

Think the transfers are more interesting in a way.

I can see now a pile of FFers and other hacks spending all night banging away on this to try to up their vote. :D God loves a tryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Wonderful, my third and fifth choices get my vote - *tears up voting paper and throws it in the bin*

33.3% De Rossa Proinsias (Labour)
    66.7% Mitchell Gay (Fine Gael)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 2-D Man

Here's the other areas :)

Dublin Poll

Ireland East Poll

Ireland South Poll

Ireland North-West Poll

Still can't find one for the north though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Wtf is with Sinn Fein getting all the results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 2-D Man

turgon wrote: »

Was thinking that myself lol

They certainly will keep a seat in the north with Babs and have a good shot in Dublin and the North-West but I can't see them doing enough damage in East or South (although having said that the lovely Toireasa Ferris is very "transferable" as is young Tomas Sharkey)

Remember that the voters are more than likely younger people who are politicized and SF & FG probably have by far the most active youth wings which could explain their high representations in the polls.

It's very interesting looking at who people are transferring to though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

turgon wrote: »

Vote early, vote often? :)

Advertisement