Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish MMA, What fights interest you?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

Irish MMA, as the heading says- What fights would you like to see featuring Irish based fighters?

Realistic fights that could actually take place on Irish shows if the promoters wanted them..

Would be interesting to get some answers and reasons why these would be good fights, All classes can be used..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I think Gary and Tim would be a cracker, stop putting it off lads eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

+1

Regardless, if it was just those two on the bill I'd travel the lenght and breath of the country to see it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Gary's still injured but i do see this happening in the future, would be a good fight, definitely a boards grudge match!!

I know that im biased but i cant wait till Ray Dowd and my own fighter John Redmond get it on, Ray jumped in at the deep end and was fighting top grapplers before he was prepared, now he's in with another striker and both can grapple so its a real competitive fight and the type of fight Ray should of been doing from day 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I won't get to see it but Hugh Brady vs. Darren Hughes at Spartan should be a cracker. Hugh has taken some big scalps and Darren is Ireland's best kept secret imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

yeah darren is one heluva tidy fighter

i thought hugh was ww though and I think darren could make feather.

Wonder if that will make a difference

Good quality fight

• Advertisement

1 fight that i'd like to see is, Conor Mcgregor V Benjamin Davis,
    Both strikers in Grappling clubs-and both able to fight at 70kg and are exciting to watch-i'd pay to see that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

cowzerp wrote: »
    1 fight that i'd like to see is, Conor Mcgregor V Benjamin Davis,
    Both strikers in Grappling clubs-and both able to fight at 70kg and are exciting to watch-i'd pay to see that..

Ben is Featherweight 65kg, but I agree it would be a good match.

I am particularly interested in this topic as the next Tribal Warfare (3rd of October) will feature a four man tournament, some of these matches might be on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Id second that Ben v Connor fight. Both really exciting fighters, and I know connor used to fight at 65kg too so maybe a catch weight? Def an interesting one.

and of course Gary vs Tim to settle the forums underlying bitching match.;) I know the fight was supposed to happen last year but I think Gary got injured.

I would Also like to see Alan "The Cannon" Hannon and Greg Loughran mix it up again. It was very close the 1st time around , def would have main event written all over it.

Ben is Featherweight 65kg, but I agree it would be a good match.

I am particularly interested in this topic as the next Tribal Warfare (3rd of October) will feature a four man tournament, some of these matches might be on it :)

True, but he told me he thinks he can fight at 70kg and conor is actually a 65.8 fighter who moved up so he can be considered for the big show possibly in the future..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

and of course Gary vs Tim to settle the forums underlying bitching match.
    Hopefully the fight will be more competitive. Now if only there was some promoter willing to make this fight happen...

• Advertisement

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Now if only there was some promoter willing to make this fight happen...

Im sure Mark would put it on, Barry would and i will in the future if it has not already been done-i think JK would like it on his shows also..

But obviously coaches would need to be asked and its a moot point now as Gary is out of action for now..

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Hopefully the fight will be more competitive. .

Is that because he own's your online ass?..

:p

/legs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Hopefully the fight will be more competitive. Now if only there was some promoter willing to make this fight happen

OOOoooooooo :P

Cant wait for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Capital P

Aidan Brooks v anyone decent, edit (Fighter bashing not tolertated).

Who is Aidan Brooks? Don't recognise the name.

I have first dibs on Gary vs. Tim!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I'd like to see more of Aidan Marrons, Greg loughrans and John Donnelly's fights. Is tom haddock still training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Roper wrote: »
    Who is Aidan Brooks? Don't recognise the name.

I have first dibs on Gary vs. Tim!!!

Heavy weight kickboxer by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

There are loads of fights id like to see in the domestic shows.
    Ill not mention any guys from our gym. Ill stick my neutral hat on now.

Greg Loughran vs Tommy Maguire. Dont know why this hasnt happened already.
    Emmet McNally vs Tom Egan. Same as above.
    Dominic McConnell vs Hugh Brady. Two good strikers. Very similar would be a brawl.
    Niel Seery vs Damian Rooney. The BW division as pretty sparce but this is one that would rock.
    Ben Davis vs Gary Morris. Lots of people are talking about Gary fighting Tim but i think we should see this one first.
    Daniel Abrol vs Conor McGreagor. Again two excellent strikers with boxing backgrounds. Both have however rounded off there games and would be hard to split.
    Chris Stringer vs Owen Dempsy. Chris is on a hot run at the minute and has changed his style somewhat. Owen is a vet of Irish MMA and seems to want fights this year.
    Kevin McAlonan vs Alan Hannon. Both guys on good runs.

Thats just a few. I have loads id like our guys to fight this year but thats part of my master plan and im keeping it too myself.

Marty:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I'd like to see Paddy Clint fight Stuart Edgeworth, would be a cracker.

I'd like to see Paddy Clint fight Stuart Edgeworth, would be a cracker.

DAMN RIGHT!.

Although not MMA fighters (Stewie has one MMA bout against Micheal Leonard).

I'd love to see this one too.

• Advertisement

Nice choices Marty. I had a couple of those very matches on my last card (or very nearly did) and I'm looking at putting together some of those guys at Christmas.

I also want to see Mick Leonard back, preferrably with a minor rule change which allows him to wear his yellow belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daviedee

John Donnelly V Thomas Egan

Paddy Clint v Anyone....get him back to the ring!!!!!

DAMN RIGHT!.

Although not MMA fighters (Stewie has one MMA bout against Micheal Leonard).

I'd love to see this one too.

Did Stuart not fight an MMA v Owen Drummond in a ROT event - remember being major impressed with him, but for what it's worth, my money would be on Paddy.

Did Stuart not fight an MMA v Owen Drummond in a ROT event - remember being major impressed with him, but for what it's worth, my money would be on Paddy.

He fought in two RoT's, one MMA fight and one kickboxing/K1 rules.

He's just back from a full contact jickboxing bout in Sweden.

He fought in two RoT's, one MMA fight and one kickboxing/K1 rules.

He's just back from a full contact jickboxing bout in Sweden.

Was the kickboxing one I saw, he stopped Owen I think. He also beat Johnatan Lewins in a good scrap, rematch was called off due to john's being sick at the time. That be a good scrap too.

Stuart "The Jedi" , That guy? Depends on the rules, A class thai, Paddy, Full contact then Stuart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Ballisong

I'd like to see Tom Egan vs Tom Haddock if Tom H could drop to 77kg.

Just to see how the new breed of guys and some of the guys who were around in the beginning compare.

I want to see Roper -V- Orestes :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Is that because he own's your online ass?..

:p

/legs it.

hahahahahahaha, good one! :)
    He fought Mick in a MMA fight and fought Willy Hamill in a K1 rules fight.

I'd like to see Tom Egan vs Tom Haddock if Tom H could drop to 77kg.

Just to see how the new breed of guys and some of the guys who were around in the beginning compare.
    Can't see that going too well for Egan to be honest.

Advertisement