Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion Blogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

a friend suggested www.beaut.ie to me, not sure how good it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

a friend suggested www.beaut.ie to me, not sure how good it is though.

www.beaut.ie is more of a beauty site than a fashion site, but I like it none the less.

Hmmm, if you've got bebo www.bebo.com/stylebitches is good, although less blog like - more a bit of everything. There will be an actual site soon, or so I have been told.

I know I read a thread a while ago about this, but I'm useless with the search thing. I'll try it for you none-the-less... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

AHA! That was surprisingly easy really, normally I can find nothing when I look for it! :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055429461&highlight=FAshion+blogs

That's the thread there, one of the posters has posted a huge list of blogs there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

I like this fashion blog, I stumbled across it recently.

Style bubble

http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/2008/11/shorts-over-tre.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭mizzzy

i venus is good...but its more of a forum than a blog!beaut.ie too....new one called wow.ie...but its pretty new so dont know how good it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Suemel

mizzzy wrote: »
    i venus is good...but its more of a forum than a blog!beaut.ie too....new one called wow.ie...but its pretty new so dont know how good it is!

Hey - Sue here from Wow.ie - just started the site a couple of weeks ago and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions welcome! Be gentle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

i like Dublin Streets and Filosofy. Sometimes its fail fail fail, but othertimes you'll get a good idea or two from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ebrown

Hi,
    Im getting board of beaut.ie and other blogs. I need something new!! The only new one I have seen is a Fashion Blog on Ireland.com called Jessie&Chupi's Blog. I know chupi's clothes from TopShop so that should be interesting.

Any other suggestions?? There has to be more out there??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

If you search this forum there are lots of threads on fashion blogs from the past year. On mobile at the mo but will have to look for them later if you dont find them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ebrown

Super thanks for that, I'll have to sit down and have a good look through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BlueSapphire

I would love to hear about those blog sites if you get the chance to post them here!

Thats exactly the thing I signed up to boards to find out about...
    I especially love all things Vintage, so if you know of any specifically vintage blogs even better.

ebrown - I checked out the blog you mentioned and its actually really useful - the girls seem to have only just got started but this week the blog is about carboot sales - the ideal spot to pick up some fab vintage bit and pieces, so thats really cool. I'll be keeping an eye on that too. I've not heard of Chupi's range in Topshop before but I'll pop in to check it out. So good to see who is behind the fab Topshop trends aside from Kate Moss.

Thanks guys and gals.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Wow.ie is one of my favorite fashion blogs - check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ebrown wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im getting board of beaut.ie and other blogs. I need something new!! The only new one I have seen is a Fashion Blog on Ireland.com called Jessie&Chupi's Blog. I know chupi's clothes from TopShop so that should be interesting.

Any other suggestions?? There has to be more out there??

Cheers for the link ebrown, liking that blog! I want those rainbow shoes SO BADLY!

bumping the thread out of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 angusdeaton

Hey,

I love blanaid.com, she's prob my favourite at the moment. I started a blog not so long ago and have picked several really good fashion blogs to feature on my blogroll. You can see them here: http://whenfifiwasfour.wordpress.com/

BYESIE DAISIES!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

hey BlueSapphire, I blog a fair bit about my own style which is largely vintage based or at least vintage inspired here:

http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/

Me and another boardsie are launching a vintage fashion and style blog any day now, based in Ireland (my end) and Toronto (her end), I'll let ya know when it's up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    hey BlueSapphire, I blog a fair bit about my own style which is largely vintage based or at least vintage inspired here:

Me and another boardsie are launching a vintage fashion and style blog any day now, based in Ireland (my end) and Toronto (her end), I'll let ya know when it's up and running.

Oh tell me more, what'll it be about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Just read some of your blog Sapaorrow, It's brilliant!

He he lots of things! :) I'll be doing personal style shoots, some interviews with vintage/antique dealers, taking lots of photos of pretty things for inspiration and showcasing select items for sale online according to various themes (mainly from etsy I'd imagine). Louise is a fantastic writer and living in an exciting city for all things vintage so she'll probably do more journalistic stuff and have access to lots of great shows, shops and interesting people to write up on. Plus she has great taste which is quite different to mine (and is drop dead gorgeous) so hopefully we'll get lots of photoshoots from her too. It's been in the pipelines between us for ages! Hopefully we'll get some select boardsie fashionistas for the odd guest post (*hint hint*) ;)

Thanks Angel, glad you enjoyed it, I've a few lovely posts ready to go up in the next week so keep and eye on it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭AshSmith

http://www.blanaid.com/ - She's irish!
    http://www.tumblr.com/directory/fashion - tons and tons of blogs
    google: knightcat, thrills and frills, the style diet, dirrtyblonde, the style rookie.

I'm not getting the hype with Blanaid.com at all, had a couple of looks at it and finding it pretty dull :confused: Although I like that she gets plenty of bits from the charity shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭AshSmith

I'm not getting the hype with Blanaid.com at all, had a couple of looks at it and finding it pretty dull :confused: Although I like that she gets plenty of bits from the charity shops.

Yeah, i get what you mean with the dull part, I sometimes just have a look every few weeks/months just to catch up, see what shes wearing, some other photographs cos i'm into photography and art!

I'd definately have a look at tumblr you'll see some different types of fashion from an array of different people!

Lookbook.nu is good too for just outfits! gives you some inspiration and its street style, theres something for everyone! I sound like an ad hah

He he lots of things! :) I'll be doing personal style shoots, some interviews with vintage/antique dealers, taking lots of photos of pretty things for inspiration and showcasing select items for sale online according to various themes (mainly from etsy I'd imagine). Louise is a fantastic writer and living in an exciting city for all things vintage so she'll probably do more journalistic stuff and have access to lots of great shows, shops and interesting people to write up on. Plus she has great taste which is quite different to mine (and is drop dead gorgeous) so hopefully we'll get lots of photoshoots from her too. It's been in the pipelines between us for ages! Hopefully we'll get some select boardsie fashionistas for the odd guest post (*hint hint*) ;)

Thanks Angel, glad you enjoyed it, I've a few lovely posts ready to go up in the next week so keep and eye on it!

I love your photoshoots so I look forward to it! My blog is in tatters, literally, I'm trying to code it atm and hopefully will build up some interesting posts, thats why I don't comment on yours or others, because I'm too embarrassed for anyone to see the lowly state of mine at the moment!

Particularly looking forward to the guest spot bit!

I love your photoshoots so I look forward to it! My blog is in tatters, literally, I'm trying to code it atm and hopefully will build up some interesting posts, thats why I don't comment on yours or others, because I'm too embarrassed for anyone to see the lowly state of mine at the moment!

Particularly looking forward to the guest spot bit!

Thanks! :) Lol I know I get all panicky sometimes about mine and do two or three posts in as many days to try and compensate! Last time I looked at yours it was looking good though! What do you mean by coding it, is that converting it to a site?

Thanks! :) Lol I know I get all panicky sometimes about mine and do two or three posts in as many days to try and compensate! Last time I looked at yours it was looking good though! What do you mean by coding it, is that converting it to a site?

No I hated my layout, I thought it was a bit too twee and it was a bit smothering and restrictive, so I'm (attempting to) tone it down for the moment, doing what most bloggers are, minimalist white background and my header just my blog title, but I'll tire of it looking samey in a few months but it will be nicer to blog in!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭shipwreck

Hahaha....My ears were burning! Thanks K!!

I love that we have different styles...two sides of vintage!

Its a really exciting project and I hope the fashion boardsies like it and join it!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kairi

Here's 2 popular ones I know.

Style Rookie by Tavi
    and she's only 14:eek:

and

Bryanboy

• I really like this one. It's American but I love almost all of her outfits.

http://bohemianjunk.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 angusdeaton

Are any of you guys memeber of lookbook.nu? I became a member but I don't think I like it?! I find it really elitist or something... Saying that there are some unusual styles on it which I love to see...

Advertisement