Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bionic commando

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bionic Commando (like Terminator Salvation) will be a rental for me.

Must get back to Fallout 3 soon.... couldn't really get into it the last time I played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I am at level 11, 40 hours or so in, and have just started into the main quests (being doing side quests so far and general exploration). It's starting to take over my life and am probably in danger of loosing my job if I don't cop on soon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Like the last few releases for the 360 this looks like a pile of sh*t.

Played the MP demo and it was fun for about 5 minutes.

There is a real drought of quality games until November which sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Fortunateluy for me I went awol from games for over a year or two. After I finish Fallout 3 and the expansions, I still have Deadspace,Resi5,GTAIV,GOW2,POP,FarCry2,Fable 2 and COD5 to play :D

Will be giving UFC,Riddick and B.Commando a miss. Looking forward to Prototype,Wolfenstein,Halo ODST,Bioshock2,Max Payne,Tekken 6, COD MW2, Assasins Creed2 and Lost Planet 2 this year. If the demos/reviews are good I'll get them. When I get to play them is another story. But at least it keeps me away from upgrading my PC all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Like the last few releases for the 360 this looks like a pile of sh*t.

playing through battlestations pacific atm, the single player campaign is sort of lacking because of the forced restrictions as it slowly lets you gain control of the whole navy. But the multiplayer is awesome fun, especially Island capture mode. So not all new releases are sh*t...

but I think it could be an aquired taste. Give the sp demo a try before taking my word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Am i one of the few that LOVED the mp demo ob B.Commando.The swinging gameplay adds so much too elements to it.I love the inertion you get from jumping off the highest building.The fact that there are so many heights(ie bottom floor,second floor etc) you can fire off of is unreal.Even though i loved it,im gonna wait for it to come down..im more of a multiplayer fan and for that alone it aint worth 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fol20 wrote: »
    Am i one of the few that LOVED the mp demo ob B.Commando.The swinging gameplay adds so much too elements to it.I love the inertion you get from jumping off the highest building.The fact that there are so many heights(ie bottom floor,second floor etc) you can fire off of is unreal.Even though i loved it,im gonna wait for it to come down..im more of a multiplayer fan and for that alone it aint worth 50

It's 40e :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I liked the demo too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Playing through this game atm (on the PS3 though) It's ok so far. Worth a rental but that's it. The challenges you will unlock will keep each new fight interesting, but the swing mechanics will get more and more frustrating as the game goes on, as the distance between swing points increases. The camera swings wildly and I usually end up looking at the sky and hoping I fluke a connection to another ledge. Also, if you don't let go at the exact right moment you will plummet into water and sink like a stone.

On top of this the other irritation is the distance between save points. I mean you pass by various checkpoints, the purpose of which I don't know as the game doesn't save at these points. Dying will usually result in being forced to go all the way back to the beginning of the area, being forced to watch the intro cutscene and then having to go around and collect all the hidden items again, only to have to die and repeat.

I'm playing it on the hardest difficulty so it could be tarnishing my overall opinion. But compared to the fluid swing abilities in PoP: TTT this game feels very stiff and unforgiving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is there anyone else here who's hopes of a decent game this summer are riding on Batman Arkham Asylum ??

It better be the best xbox game ever !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tales of Vesperia, and we already know it's great becasue the yanks have had it for nearly a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I've just finished Bionic Commando. I thought it was a very good game. The swinging was tricky at first but you get used to it. Graphics are pretty nice too. Some of the levels in it are pretty epic really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've just finished Bionic Commando. I thought it was a very good game. The swinging was tricky at first but you get used to it. Graphics are pretty nice too. Some of the levels in it are pretty epic really!

Same here, just completed it myself with 100% trophies (where am I, oh.. yeah, I mean "achievements" :rolleyes:)

Very good game I have to say. Once you get the swing mechanics down it's excellent. The challenges kept it consistently interesting also. On a few occasions you'd have to bait the baddies into a group to perform the aerial drop move on them.

Yeah and a few levels did seem very epic, loved that ending also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm really enjoying it. Sure it's not perfect but it's a lot of fun.

Advertisement