Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Baby formula will you use?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Im not Breastfeeding and with the last baby I used Aptamil was pretty straight forward as in Step 1 2 and 3, had a look in the supermarket and packaging has changed a long with descriptions... as in easy digest etc.

So in all I was wondering will I use something else like SMA or Cow and Gate have no clue bout any of these.

What are ye all planning on using?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I use Aptamil First. I was using SMA Gold but seemed very heavy on poor LO's stomach... puking after every feed and stuff...

Hasn't puked since I started her on Aptamil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

We were recommended to use Aptamil by a lot of people and that one of the other brands was harder to digest.

Info on Aptamil here - the 1,2,3 is still there. The Easy Digest is an extra product for special cases.

http://www.milupa-aptamil.ie/products/babyMilks/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Ah that makes sense !! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

We used Cow and Gate, nurses said it was probably the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

i used aptimil on my other 2 and i will be using it again for this baby. i never had any problems with it before so i am stickin to it!:D

• Advertisement

Had a look at all the websites and Aptamil and C&G seem to be more or less the same both have the prebiotics and that kind of thing whereas sma doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

Are prebiotics very important? I thought once the formula has all the essential vitamin's mineral's etc then that's all babs needs???
    I think a lot of these things can just be a gimic and it's something all us mammies and mammies to be seem to fall for!

I used sma gold for the 1st four weeks and switched to sma white when my babs seemed to be still hungry after an 8 oz bottle! Never had any problems with sma. I have a very happy healthy 7 month old baby :o

Yeah think alot of these things are gimmicks to suck us all in at the end of the day once baby isnt hungry and is happy what do we need all the ''extras'' for.. I do wonder sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tbh ladies it's all well and good trying to choose but it can be a case of what suits the baby and the only way to find out is trial and error.

sma was what my family used traditonally and when I stop bf mine they went on to that no bother, my sister did the same with her eldest and the sma just didn't agree with her at all and it took a while before eventually trying cow and gate which worked just fine.

Advertisement