Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK - LLU Prices increase

Options
  • 22-05-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Ofcom sets prices for BT's wholesale division Openreach. From today until May 2010 BT can charge £86.40 for each unbundled line - up from £81.69. Where a broadband provider shares the line with BT, by only providing broadband, the telco can charge £15.60 - the same as last year. Other charges go up in line with underlying cost increases.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I saw that in the news today alright, might slow MPF (full LLU) and SMPF (partial LLU) rollout for smaller providers but doubt it'll slow down the bigboys such as CPW, Sky etc .

As things change I guess providers in the UK may start charging for ADSL new provides or house moves (cease at old address and re-provide at new address) to try cover costs.

Up until now alot of providers have absorbed these costs for the likes of MPF, SMPF and IP-Stream (not LLU) for cease and re-provides, of course no charges apply for Migrations so this may encourage more end users to use MAC codes to change ISP's if providers do start charging.

Of course not much good to anyone moving house ;)

On this side of things whats Eircom charging per line per year for LLU at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Cabaal wrote: »
    I saw that in the news today alright, might slow MPF (full LLU) and SMPF (partial LLU) rollout for smaller providers but doubt it'll slow down the bigboys such as CPW, Sky etc .

As things change I guess providers in the UK may start charging for ADSL new provides or house moves (cease at old address and re-provide at new address) to try cover costs.

Up until now alot of providers have absorbed these costs for the likes of MPF, SMPF and IP-Stream (not LLU) for cease and re-provides, of course no charges apply for Migrations so this may encourage more end users to use MAC codes to change ISP's if providers do start charging.

Of course not much good to anyone moving house ;)

On this side of things whats Eircom charging per line per year for LLU at present?

Currently €16.43 per month - proposed to reduce to €12.18 per month

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

crawler wrote: »
    Currently €16.43 per month - proposed to reduce to €12.18 per month

Thats a fair difference to the prices in the UK at present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Correct.

Advertisement