Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Alarms

Options
  • 22-05-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Don't know if this is really the right place but I'm trying to find a domestic level water alarm, This would be something that sits under a dishwasher etc and if it leaks it lets out an alarm. I've found a place in the US that sells them but nothing on this side of the pond so far.Any ideas?
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No but I always thought them a good idea, what i done in raise my dishwasher and machine up slightly on slats I also put 2 beads of silicone eiter side so if water leaks out it will travel out to the main floor.

I am guessing the reason your doing this is cause you have wooden floors! There is no solution as far as I am aware. They are a bad idea in a kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Aldi or lidl had them last year or the year before. They'll be back again at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Aldi or lidl had them last year or the year before. They'll be back again at some stage.

I bought one in Lidl (or was it Aldi) a year or so back. Only about a fiver.
    Now all I need to do is wait for my dishwasher to leak to see if its still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

try searching under:

water detection system

leak detection system

Advertisement