Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dear UU Students

• 22-05-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Please stay the fook out of Queen's libraries.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

why should we. give us some reasons please. im gonna spend all day tomorrow in the sheamus heaney watching family guy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Because you dont pay fees to Queens, and therefor should not be allowed to use it instead of finding ways to get around. I pay the best part of 4 grand in tuition fees alone to go there, I should expect to be able to find a computer or seat in the libraries without seeing some poor unfortunate 'person' in a UU hoody sitting there instead.

Yes, its annoying. But I end up looking at them with pity more than anger. You know, because they go to UU....

Archimedes wrote: »
    Because you dont pay fees to Queens, and therefor should not be allowed to use it instead of finding ways to get around. I pay the best part of 4 grand in tuition fees alone to go there, I should expect to be able to find a computer or seat in the libraries without seeing some poor unfortunate twat in a UU hoody sitting there instead.

Yes, its annoying. But I end up looking at them with pity more than anger. You know, because they go to UU....

well lets think about it this way, i walk into the main library at queens, show them a uu student card. walk into the library, are you telling me i have no right to be there.

we get queens student in uu aswell, but instead of being stuck up ******* alright there wats the craic.

your getting ripped of with fees i pay just over three thousand and my sister who goes to queens pays the same.

how about when ya get on a computer at queens do some work instead of posting idiotic messages on boards.ie

feel sorry for ya. you study economics as well. i suspose we cant all be good people. wat does it feel like to study economics at a univeristy which has a university 20 minutes from it, that has better accredidation for the course, better grades, better qualified graduates and higher average graduate salaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Rivalry is one thing, backbiting is another. There's nothing constructive coming out of this thread is there, beyond bickering obviously:rolleyes: Ease off on the abusive overtones people! Follow the library and forum rules and we'll all be chirpy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Why are UU students able to use them? Surely you need a login and password to use the computers?

• Advertisement

Why are UU students able to use them? Surely you need a login and password to use the computers?

I presume whichever housemate/sibling gives regob their QUB id also hands over the logon details...?

pow wow, could ya please close this. cause this is the one thing i hate bout queens students and ill just lose my temper

regob wrote: »
    pow wow, could ya please close this. cause this is the one thing i hate bout queens students and ill just lose my temper

Explain? To be fair you usually start these kinds of threads, and whilst I don't advocate the 'nastiness' by either Archimedes or yourself, I think the point is somewhat valid. However, as you seem to be harboring some deep-seated angst against the QUB folk (likewise but less so with Archimedes and the UUers) I can't see this going anywhere but down.

Try to keep it more civil next time folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement