Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women and their taste in boys... things

Options
  • 22-05-2009 2:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭

I am interested to know something more, not of women's tastes in traditionally male interests, but why they have it in particular. For instance sports, and why is rugby more popular now than ever? At least, more than football seems to be.

Or cars. Can anyone, for instance, tell me why so many women, especially young women, drive golfs? confused.gif it's obvious, and has been commented on by others, not just me. So I know I'm not imagining it, before anyone says. wink.gif any particular reason?

Is it something (an aura maybe) that women might associate with the sports club, or the car, or the brand, or whatever else? Or maybe it's the type of people we associate these things with? Feel free to add any other interest of relevance.

And before anyone asks me why I'm bothered (you know who you are), I say why the **** shouldn't I be? Because I'm entitled to be, yes?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Because they're not boy's things.

Cars, sport and whatever else. Not gender-specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I had no idea the golf was supposedly a boy's car. What makes it so?

And rugby... is a lot more popular with everyone right now because Ireland just won the Grand Slam.

I think you need to have a big glass of "get over it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Since when are Golfs gender specific? And give it about 3 years of poor results for irish rugby and see how many of the new "fans" and hangers-on stick around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I associate golfs with boys, but only 'cause a black golf full of lads swerved towards the kerb to splash me on a rainy day as I was waiting for the pedestrian lights. Argh.

Maybe women drive golfs 'cause they're naturally a little smaller (on average) and the golf is pretty small without being dinky. Or maybe the car just has a general appeal and is thus popular. If so many women drive it, what makes it a boy's car?

It's not strange that women like 'lads' things'; the past century has been about getting over men's things/women's things dichotomies, at least for women. If anything we should be asking why boys aren't 'allowed' to like women's things, as research studies and folk psychology have found that little boys who play with barbies get far more stick than little girls who play with trucks.

Edit: anyone else think this thread was going to be about genitals from the title? Just me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭JacquesD'Ladd

Liquorice wrote: »
    I associate golfs with boys, but only 'cause a black golf full of lads swerved towards the kerb to splash me on a rainy day as I was waiting for the pedestrian lights. Argh.

Maybe women drive golfs 'cause they're naturally a little smaller (on average) and the golf is pretty small without being dinky. Or maybe the car just has a general appeal and is thus popular. If so many women drive it, what makes it a boy's car?

It's not strange that women like 'lads' things'; the past century has been about getting over men's things/women's things dichotomies, at least for women. If anything we should be asking why boys aren't 'allowed' to like women's things, as research studies and folk psychology have found that little boys who play with barbies get far more stick than little girls who play with trucks.

Edit: anyone else think this thread was going to be about genitals from the title? Just me?
    best, indeed - only - good answer so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Or cars. Can anyone, for instance, tell me why so many women, especially young women, drive golfs? confused.gif it's obvious, and has been commented on by others, not just me. So I know I'm not imagining it, before anyone says. wink.gif any particular reason?

Second thread on the golf thing? I'm guessing you probably have a golf yerself and are paranoid cos you've been seein alot of women driving them lately or something? Strange behaviour really.....

Yes, you're perfectly entitled to be bothered by this, as you said.... You'd have to be half mental though! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

best, indeed - only - good answer so far

What sort of answer are you looking for? We're not here to explain women to you...

Women like certain things for all sorts of reasons, same way men like things for all sorts of reasons. I'm not sure why you think we can speak for every woman on the planet... we can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Are women allowed to drive cars & follow sports?

Next ye will be telling me that they have a right to vote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Easyeason, next time you pop up on my radar you will be banned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

JacquesD'Ladd I closed an earlier thread of yours because women don't come here to explain themselves. You saw that and opened another thread that was almost exactly the same. Do it again and you will be banned.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement