Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

adam carroll on tubridy tonight

• 22-05-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

this might intrest some on saturday night Adam Carroll is to appear on tubridy,nice to see some one from the irish motorsport world getting on national tv not often it happens

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

hi_sir wrote: »
    this might intrest some on saturday night Adam Carroll is to appear on tubridy,nice to see some one from the irish motorsport world getting on national tv not often it happens

oh great, must watch it, i seem to be the only one on here who knows nothing about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm debating whether or not to endure that tosser jst to watch Adam...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I'd say flicking essential & keep an eye on tweets alerting his arrival. Two hours of drivelling bone-bags, no 'ucking way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I'm debating whether or not to endure that tosser jst to watch Adam...

Probably not worth it. He (tub) is quite the insufferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

He is on Tubridy tomorrow night, not tonight.:pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

liam7831 wrote: »
    He is on Tubridy tomorrow night, not tonight.:pac::D

Maybe your just joking but im pretty sure the show is actually called "Tubridy Tonight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

you'll allways have a smart arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

hi_sir wrote: »
    you'll allways have a smart arse

jeez relax fella just a tongue in cheek remark!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Sky + worth it weight - record & fast-forward through the show to get to Carroll's interview.

Tubridy not a sports fan though.<snip>.

The whole FIA/FOTA thing is so up in the air though, I dunno if AC really will get his big chance. There will be probably be compromise to keep the existing teams and only one or two of the proposed new teams will make it through...

Hopefully one will be Lola - closest to an Irish team since Jordan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

It was a good interview. He seems like a real down to earth chap.
    It would be great to see him get an F1 drive next year.

• Advertisement

ya seems like nice lads alright it be great if he did make it to f1, my only worry with him is the fact his 26 and he hasnt made it already, i know there is the whole sponsorship thing but surely if his the real deal the sponsors would hav been queing up to take him to f1 along time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

At least we now know that he isn't lacking the self confidence he needs to make it into F1. On Des Cahills radio show a few weeks ago he mentioned that he has beaten half the current F1 field at different racing levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Means nothing though. Zinardi regularly beat Schumacher in lower levels. Look how that turned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Certainly is. Being a great driver isn't the key to success in F1 though, despite what Carroll might tell Turdbury. Guys like him are pinning their hopes very much on 3 or 4 new teams getting in, he'll just have to wait and see what happens with the discussions.

Means nothing though. Zinardi regularly beat Schumacher in lower levels. Look how that turned out.

i didnt think zanardi raced schumacher in the junior ranks could be wrong?? he raced frentzen and wendlinger alright in german f3 and then of cource the 3 of them were part of the mercedise junior team.
    but its a valid point where are any of them now? i know zanardi had that horrific accident and his a legend for even getting bac in a racing car not to mention even winning.

is he hopeing for a drive with lola? and what happens if the 40m budget is put off for a year, can lola still afford f1 can any of the new teams afford it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Is the interview up on the RTÉ player yet? I couldn't bring myself to endure any move Tubridy than I needed to and ended up missing it live...

Advertisement