Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible to tell which way planning decision is going?

• 22-05-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

.....when they ask for further information? As I see an application we have in has gone to "additional information" on the website but we've yet to receive the letter I can't give the details but in general if they start asking about certain things will we be able to tell if they are leaning towards a YES?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭parka

A.I. can mean a lot of things. Best to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Currahee01

As Parka said, it could go either way.
    Last year it could have been taken that the planner was snowed under with work and it was a way of generating more time, this year it could be that the planner has no work and is trying to generate work for themselves!
    In any case I always consider it to be positive, it hasnt been refused :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

That's the way we're taking it-no news is good news sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

I would have a similar opinion to the above posters. However, when you receive the RFI, if you feel you can address the items contained in it, i would certainly look at it as positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

I wish I could agree but - the LA's are over staffed from the boom years . That are simply "generating" work in a way that cannot be done in the real economy .

You can not read anything in to an RFI today .

OP - have a look at the planning file at the public counter . You may be able to see internal reports from roads , envrionmental health etc to "get a sense" of how the application is being received

• Advertisement

The Planners in one of the Local Authorities i am dealing with are so board that they are going back over old enforcement notices and checking old planning permissions (now constructed) in order to prosecute people for planning breaches.

I would prefer an RFI instead!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

counting chickens and all that jazz. ;)

Expect the unexpected. Thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I would love to say a RFI was a positive sign and in general it should be but as stated above you should inspect the file yourself for hints to let you know how it's going. I had a RFI on a file about a year ago, which included an archeologist's report and a hydrogeologist's report which together cost €8,500 and the planning officer's report was glowing recommending a grant of planning with associated conditions only to be over turned by the director of services and refused permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

muffler wrote: »
    Expect the unexpected. Thats it.
    Completely agree.
    I have had a couple of RFI that didn't get planning permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hooleygan

I'd take great care if I were you.

We have been trying for years to get planning in Leitrim and our latest application had reached further information stage which we optimisticly thought was a good sign, the issues were not onerous and our architect assured us the permission would almost certainly be granted.

However the architect totally f****d up the FI and had to make further submissions, got the wording wrong on the notice, I couldn't believe how carelessly my planning had been handled.

The permission was refused and the various planners reports that appeared on the website were strongly against planning being granted. With the political support we had, it might have been granted if the architect had done his job correctly.

Don't take your eye off the ball for a minute.

Well, it all happened within a week. Next I was made redundant. Maybe its a blessing in disguise. We're planning to f**k off to another country where there's some prospect of being able to make the life we want.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Well we got the letter and the conclusion states:

"While the proposed development may be acceptable in principle, there are several issues which require clarity by way of further information in order to allow a full assessment of the proposed development".

I should state this is a commercial change of use from retail to fast food application. The three things they want clarification on are practicalities like how we intend to deal with rodents/flies (there's a 'working' farm nearby), how we intend to provide a turning space for delivery vehicles to rear of premises (we have enough space to provide same) and how we intend to mitigate anti-social behaviour.

It 'feels' positive with noting too insurmountable. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Mayo Co Council have a reasonable system, they ask for whatever FI they need, currently loads but they also put an advice note particurarly if they are thinking of refusing it stating what their concerns are and then its time to get your arse in gear haggle like a lunatic and earn your fees!! Works about 90% of the time!!!:D

Looks ok murphaph, however the local authorities that i deal with position fast food outlets with betting offices and gaming clubs. They generally don't like them and particularly if it is in a built up residential area where they may cause littering and general anti-social behavior. Thread carefully!!!

Advertisement