Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Question

Options
  • 22-05-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

I started a thread, stating that I was looking for a blogger for my website.

A row broke out and I admit that I called people names.

A mod then game me a red card and a PM, then am infraction.

He said that I continued the fight after I got an on-thread warning.

I could not find the on thread warning, and had to PM the mod to ask where it was. It Was simply: "You're not on your own site yet"

Surely this wouldn't fall under the heading of On Thread Warning. When people would reply, they would say things like "Maybe you should go to your own site and update it instead of being on Boards." ect.

I thought the mod in question was taking a jab at me, unaware that a seven word post would fall under the category of "On thread warning."

Can someone get back to me on whether this is fair, or is this a "corrupt" mod?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"You're not on your own site yet"
    There was more to it than that, you're forgetting that I can go back and read these posts. Perhaps it was a little cryptic, but either way the infraction was perfectly valid. Your comments were completely unnecessary.

I'm also curious as to why it's taken you 3 weeks to raise this as a grievance? The infraction has expired (twice over) since it was applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

vflhp wrote: »
    or is this a "corrupt" mod?
    You think he has been bribed by someone to silence you? What makes you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

seamus wrote: »
    There was more to it than that, you're forgetting that I can go back and read these posts. Perhaps it was a little cryptic, but either way the infraction was perfectly valid. Your comments were completely unnecessary.

I'm also curious as to why it's taken you 3 weeks to raise this as a grievance? The infraction has expired (twice over) since it was applied.

Actually I'm not forgetting you can read threads ;)

I was just wondering, I don't think it was the mods fault, I think it was a minor error. The warning seemed hidden under a lot of criticism from other posters.

Also, I was on my holidays, and forgot about the thread until I got back, but I still think its a very valid point.

As for the other poster, I was joking about the corrupt mod thingy lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Anyway, thanks for the replys.

I have sorted this out, and since I didn't want to make a big deal, I will let it drop.

Thanks

Advertisement