Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with The Yacht?......

Options
  • 22-05-2009 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

.......has it closed down for good? It's all hoarded up and has builders safety signs outside so i think maybe a refurbishment or more apartments!!. I hope it's not gone the way of the Dollier ,an eyesore!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Is it gone? damn, i love that place.

the old dollymount house though, the food in there was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

it means now that after smyths in fairview the next pub on the road is the sheds:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Wheres that? is that the one across from Edge's Hardware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Masada wrote: »
    Wheres that? is that the one across from Edge's Hardware?

no thats gaffneys, home of one of the best pints in dublin:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I haven't been in the Yacht for along time,i think it was in terminal decline for years,hasn't ever looked busy driving past either. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Been closed a long while I thought, think MKN Construction bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Thought this thread was about somewhere else. There are other 'The Yacht' pubs out there in Dublin you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Camarague

When did Dollymount bite the dust?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I saw workmen at the Yacht the other day - at least they're working on the place. Dollymount house has been shut since 2006, I think, and nothing seems to have been done to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

datk wrote: »
    I saw workmen at the Yacht the other day - at least they're working on the place. Dollymount house has been shut since 2006, I think, and nothing seems to have been done to the site.

Aye the DH long since gone in late 2005/early 2006 I think, Leo sold it to the developers who were planning on building apartments as far as I know....sadly missed, was my local for a couple of years.

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Gateway1

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Aye the DH long since gone in late 2005/early 2006 I think, Leo sold it to the developers who were planning on building apartments as far as I know....sadly missed, was my local for a couple of years.

Brgds
    Johnny

Did you know...
    Part or the "bar" from Dollymont Hse is in the Ross & Walpole Pub under the Central Hotel corner of Excheque st /Dame Ct D2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

jkmanc1974 wrote: »

Brgds
    Johnny

Developer lost his shirt on that deal. Remember seeing the developer inspecting the site not long after it shut down and he looked like the cat that got the cream. I remember thinking at time, i hope the inevitable property bubble crash doesnt ruin it for ya mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I was enquiring a while ago about having a party in the function room and was told it will be closing for refurbishment so wouldnt be available so Id say it will open backup. Did a very nice dinner in there :) .They own the autobahn in glasnevin too though so equally as good dinner in there

Advertisement