Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Treatment Abroad (including Northern Ireland): READ FIRST POST

• 22-05-2009 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

There have been a few threads recently looking for information about treatment abroad. It puts us in a difficult situation, to be honest, because we want to give you what you want, but at the same time threads like these often attract spam and first-posters waxing lyrical about treatment.

So, this is an attempt at a compromise.

Please use this thread to post personal experiences about dental treatment abroad. Try to include as much information as possible, including:

Location.
    Treatment done.
    Cost.
    Number of appointments.
    Happiness with treatment.
    Aftercare

Please pay particular attention to this next bit:

DO NOT POST COMPANY OR PRACTICE NAMES. DO NOT POST LINKS TO WEBSITES OR EMAIL ADDRESSES.

If you post a company details or addresses, You will be banned.

The deal will be that if people want to find out who you went through, they can PM you.

IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO ACCEPT PM'S, STATE IT CLEARLY IN YOUR POST.

Please do not post with requests for information, this thread is for feedback only.

Posts from users who have signed up less than two months ago, or who have less than 50 posts, will be removed.

Sorry to sound all high and mighty and all, but now at least we all know where we stand from the start.

If you want information about a specific dental practice, post the name and request a PM from another Forum user.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Guys, I'm planning on visiting a few surgeries up north next week.

would you mind PM'ing me what surgery you went to and what work you got done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Guys, I'm planning on visiting a few surgeries up north next week.

would you mind PM'ing me what surgery you went to and what work you got done?

dude...

tbh wrote: »
    Please do not post with requests for information, this thread is for feedback only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 splanc

Posts from users who have signed up less than two months ago, or who have less than 50 posts, will be removed.

Splanc- appreciate you posting. However, we have to stick to the rules very tightly in this thread. I've only modified your post because it was so vague, if you could fill in as much information as possible (based on the first post here) we can have a look at restoring it. I understand if you don't want to, and I'm also assuming that there are no commercial motivations behind your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I used these guys in Newry. Got a dentist by the name of Gerard Daly. An absolute pleasure to deal with, and very reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I highly recommend Ballybot dental clinic in Newry, Dr Baxter in particular. Don't think it's easy to get an appointment any time soon though, they always have a waiting list.

• Advertisement

threads merged, and edited to comply with DI charter.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

I used these guys in Newry. Got a dentist by the name of Gerard Daly. An absolute pleasure to deal with, and very reasonable.

It's a great joy when you find that people don't even read the first post of a sticky. This is a link to a website, which is against the rules in the first post.:rolleyes:

in fairness, thats my fault, thread was moved from another forum, and I didn't spot it myself :o

We've not allowed company names because we can never be sure if the person posting works for them or not - I think in this case it's ok, but fitzgeme might make different call.

so my fault, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

Need to get some dental work done. I believe it's a lot cheaper up north. Here's the first place I've come to to get some honest unbiased opinions. I think you guys are being impossibly restrictive with what can and can't be posted.
    Probably rendering the thread useless.

Just my honest unbiased opinion:-)

understood dodser, and fair point, however you don't see the posts we have to delete from people who own clinics. Unless boards can pay us to give up our jobs and watch for spam full time, this is what the compromise is. We're not the only source of information on the internet anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

Hear you tbh. Don't really think about people using this site commercially. Found the answers to a lot of my questions on this really good well thought out thread...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055515763&page=3. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Please do not post with requests for information, this thread is for feedback only..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

tbh wrote: »
    Location.
    Treatment done.
    Cost.
    Number of appointments.
    Happiness with treatment.
    Aftercare

1. Dublin (locally as it was open on Sat)
    2. General check up including X-Ray and clean.
    3. €100
    4. I just noticed this was for abroad, sorry ;) But looking at the price there for what was done I am certainly considering going overseas for the future. Any experiences with Budapest?

Advertisement