Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxi Industry in chaos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Don't believe the moaners for a second. If there's no money in it why are they still doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

murphaph wrote: »
    A friend of mine's father drives a taxi and we often used him to get into town (before I recently left for germany). He always maintained that there was good money in it and scoffed at the lads sitting parked at the ranks and said they were amateurs. That was the guy's opinion so don't shoot the messenger. Maybe Martin isn't so far from the truth as some would like to believe.

hey listen before I left Ireland for Asia, was talking to a guy in Waterford
    that bought a seven seater van and had it fitted for wheelchairs. He spent
    €37,000 from his redundancy on it and now was disgusted he did not rent
    first to see what the business was like. He is in the business a few month
    and already trying to sell the van. Like you he was listening to taxi driver
    with an overactive imagination shooting there mouth off. He is sorry he
    listened now. What messenger are they shooting the messenger telling people
    he does not pay his taxes and has a guy working for him in the black market who
    he does not pay for either. A guy working in IT during the week when by his own
    admission there is more money in his taxi. Listen you must chose to live in cloud
    coo-koo land but not me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Highsider wrote: »
    Don't believe the moaners for a second. If there's no money in it why are they still doing it?

They claim it is because they have to pay their bills, cannot get social welfare and can't get a job doing anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

samsham wrote: »
    that bought a seven seater van and had it fitted for wheelchairs. He spent
    €37,000 from his redundancy on it and now was disgusted he did not rent
    first to see what the business was like. He is in the business a few month
    and already trying to sell the van.
    Ya see, he's trying to sell the van because he didn't do market research. How many taxis have I ever sat in that are worth that much. Two maybe? Most drivers use cars worth about E4-E5k at most. It's not that yer man can't get work, it's that he can't get enough to cover his idiotic mistakes when choosing a vehicle.

They claim it is because they have to pay their bills, cannot get social welfare and can't get a job doing anything else.

So how do you explain the ex taxi drivers who are posting here. Who are
    in other work, like myself. I have nothing to gain by the industry being
    good or bad. But you would have to be an idiot when you look at the
    figures. Tourist numbers are down, Eastern European Immigrants are
    returning home. Jobless numbers are up. Incomes are shrinking. Bus Earann
    looks for fare increases because they can not get the customers to cover there operational costs. Our cities are gridlocked with taxis trying to get on ranks. But you expect us to believe the taxi industry is bucking the trend
    when the rest of the country is on its knees. Listen folks that fantasy stuff, I will leave it too you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

jdivision wrote: »
    Ya see, he's trying to sell the van because he didn't do market research. How many taxis have I ever sat in that are worth that much. Two maybe? Most drivers use cars worth about E4-E5k at most. It's not that yer man can't get work, it's that he can't get enough to cover his idiotic mistakes when choosing a vehicle.
    Indeed. The guy is obviously a clown with no business smarts. No market research. Listened to guy in pub and made 'business decision' based on that. I fear the reason the taxi industry is in a mess is because so many fools do things like the above.

your contradicting yourself now. Firstly you agree with martin that €600 can be made on a Sat night, Now your saying he cant make enough to cover his costs. You just argued my point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

This is just an idea, and I was wondering what other peole think of it.

Before christmas i went up to Cavan town for a night out, on our way home after the club and chipper there were no taxi's and the ranks were jammed. The locals were saying its like that every weekend and we had to walk home.

A few weeks later I was in oldcastle in meath/cavan, its not a very big place but after the nightclub, if you can call it that haha, we had to sit around on the street for maybe 20-30 mins waiting for the taxi in the town. I think there is only one and we had seen it earlier in the night. We were waiting around hoping he would come back so we could go home.

Again its regularly like that.

I was just wondering have any dublin taxt men every considered going up to a country town or village or say cavan or kells and done a nights work there after the pub?
    I dont know how much of a runner that idea would be but it seems if there are too many taxi's in dublin on a fri sat night it may, just may though be something to have a look into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

your contradicting yourself now. Firstly you agree with martin that €600 can be made on a Sat night, Now your saying he cant make enough to cover his costs. You just argued my point.
    Nope I was referring to taxi drivers in Dublin, he lives in Waterford and I don't know whether he sits around on a taxi rank all day like the guys in Finglas do and then whinge about how little they earn. Again, I've heard from several taxi drivers that they earn about E600 on a Saturday night. I stand over that. Why would they exaggerate.
    CatFromHue, it happens all over the place. But a lot of drivers would prefer to sit in the rank listening to Adrian kennedy and whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Nope I was referring to taxi drivers in Dublin, he lives in Waterford and I don't know whether he sits around on a taxi rank all day like the guys in Finglas do and then whinge about how little they earn. Again, I've heard from several taxi drivers that they earn about E600 on a Saturday night. I stand over that. Why would they exaggerate.
    CatFromHue, it happens all over the place. But a lot of drivers would prefer to sit in the rank listening to Adrian kennedy and whinging.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to make 600e on any night, You could roll new years eve and all the rugby weekends into 1 and still you couldnt do it. Its not physically possible please dont listen to those morons. My advice to anyone who has redundancy to spend is to rent a cab for a couple of months and make a decision on that.

Beware of the spoofers !!!!!!

Good luck to all I've had enough of this tripe.

• Advertisement

Tourist numbers are down, Eastern European Immigrants are
    returning home.

Wow, there's a surprise! A taxi man blaming foreigners on an arbitrary matter!

For what it's worth, I didn't state that I don't believe those drivers who say they can't leave. I can understand the debt trap all too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

It is IMPOSSIBLE to make 600e on any night, You could roll new years eve and all the rugby weekends into 1 and still you couldnt do it. Its not physically possible please dont listen to those morons. My advice to anyone who has redundancy to spend is to rent a cab for a couple of months and make a decision on that.

Beware of the spoofers !!!!!!

Good luck to all I've had enough of this tripe.
    This is a funny post...ya cant earn 600 in one night...:D very funny

Wow, there's a surprise! A taxi man blaming foreigners on an arbitrary matter!

For what it's worth, I didn't state that I don't believe those drivers who say they can't leave. I can understand the debt trap all too well.

your very selective in your reading. I said Eastern Europeans workers are returning home, tourist numbers have plummeted even bus earann can't find customers to cover its operational costs, Now, how you go from that sentence to accusing me of racism is bizarre . It simple means less people are using taxis. Now refrain from gutter trash my friend, so far everyone in here has been reasonable, lets stay out of the gutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyboy23

i no taxi drivers have a bad name,but you have to feel a bit sorry for them there jobs are been giving away to every foreniger who wants it

paddyboy23 wrote: »
    i no taxi drivers have a bad name,but you have to feel a bit sorry for them there jobs are been giving away to every foreniger who wants it

Oh! mother of jepers, time to finish this post now. I emigrated in 1988 returned in 1994. At this very moment I am in south east Asia as my earlier post said with my Asian wife and kid. I am an Ex taxi driver being told taxi drivers are racist. Lads the racism on this post is not coming from Taxi drivers. Thats the last on this from me.

Oh! mother of jepers, time to finish this post now. I emigrated in 1988 returned in 1994. At this very moment I am in south east Asia as my earlier post said with my Asian wife and kid. I am an Ex taxi driver being told taxi drivers are racist. Lads the racism on this post is not coming from Taxi drivers. Thats the last on this from me.

Come on man. Lighten up!

upthedub wrote: »
    This is a funny post...ya cant earn 600 in one night...:D very funny

Not in a taxi anyway. Maybe you can make 600e a night, I suppose your not called "UP the Dub" for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

paddyboy23 wrote: »
    You, I and everyone else know its an open market. For every foreigner working here, there is an Irish person employed somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

This is taken from the Fingal County Council Enterprise Boards website

2.8 I am a non EU citizen. What must I do before starting a business in Ireland?

Answer: A non EU citizen who plans on setting up a business in Ireland must apply to the Department of Justice, equality and law reform with:

* Evidence that you have finance of at least €300,000 to fund the business
    * Details of professional/trade qualifications and experience relevant to the business
    * Business Plan with financial endorsed by a certified Accountant
    * A certificate of character’ for the police form your home country with confirmation that you do not have a criminal record.
    * You must also employ two non family members, both of whom are EU nationals.

Now as so many people on here are fond of pointing out taxi driving is a business, why are these regulations not being adhered to???

http://www.fingalceb.ie/faqs/general-business-start~up-to-do

Taxipete29 wrote: »

2.8 I am a non EU citizen. What must I do before starting a business in Ireland?

Answer: A non EU citizen who plans on setting up a business in Ireland must apply to the Department of Justice, equality and law reform with:

* Evidence that you have finance of at least €300,000 to fund the business
    * Details of professional/trade qualifications and experience relevant to the business
    * A certificate of character’ for the police form your home country with confirmation that you do not have a criminal record.

Now as so many people on here are fond of pointing out taxi driving is a business, why are these regulations not being adhered to???

I presume that's for non-EU nationals who don't hold residency permits!

• Advertisement

* Evidence that you have finance of at least 300,000 to fund the business
    * A certificate of character for the police form your home country with confirmation that you do not have a criminal record.

Because you get great craic out of those Nigerian lads. They always seem to be friendly and glad of the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Because you get great craic out of those Nigerian lads. They always seem to be friendly and glad of the work.

And a lot of them are Irish citizens too.

And a lot of them are Irish citizens too.

Incorrect

Incorrect

How so?

Incorrect

Well maybe they don't want to be Irish citizens. They're prove of their heritage and just want to work and have a laugh.

Busy tonight Martin????????????

Spoofer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

Taximen are just mean.There is money out there.If its that bad sell up and go on the dole:rolleyes:

Busy tonight Martin????????????

Spoofer

Sprained ankle. Whats your excuse?

Sprained ankle. Whats your excuse?
    Dont work fridays sat to thursday. are you going to take the time to tell us how you physically manage to pull 60 an hour now that you have the time. Give us a breakdown of the runs you could do over a 2/3 period on your average sat night???

• Advertisement

Dont work fridays sat to thursday. are you going to take the time to tell us how you physically manage to pull 60 an hour now that you have the time. Give us a breakdown of the runs you could do over a 2/3 period on your average sat night???

Welcome back Mr Lickmyballs/Gerry
    I have already described what kind of money i take and on which nights. Im not doing it again. Read my previous posts.
    If you cant make money driving a taxi you need to do something else with your life. You are obviously no good at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Nice thread.

It's clear TaxiManMartin is doing quite a bit better for whatever reasons than the average taxi driver and fair play to him.

I think most people accept that the earnings of the average taxi river in Dublin have taken a big hit over the last few years but they were coming down from a very high level. I don't think you can use tax returns as a fair inicator either as quite a bit of the money made was going through off the books.

I;afraid that we aren't going to see a mass exodus of taxi-drivers over the next few years. Taxi drivers will need to accept that things are going to stay at these adjusted income levels for some time to come. Let's face it, taxi-driving isn't exactly a highly skilled job that requires a huge amount of training.

Also, Cableguy, get a life. I mean, c;mon, reporting TaxiManMartin to the MOD for encouraging people to evade tax. Are you some sort of kid in the schoolyard tattling because someone had chewing gum?

How so?

I doubt there are many Nigerians who are Irish citizens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

dubrov wrote: »
    Nice thread.

It's clear TaxiManMartin is doing quite a bit better for whatever reasons than the average taxi driver and fair play to him.

I think most people accept that the earnings of the average taxi river in Dublin have taken a big hit over the last few years but they were coming down from a very high level. I don't think you can use tax returns as a fair inicator either as quite a bit of the money made was going through off the books.

I;afraid that we aren't going to see a mass exodus of taxi-drivers over the next few years. Taxi drivers will need to accept that things are going to stay at these adjusted income levels for some time to come. Let's face it, taxi-driving isn't exactly a highly skilled job that requires a huge amount of training.

Also, Cableguy, get a life. I mean, c;mon, reporting TaxiManMartin to the MOD for encouraging people to evade tax. Are you some sort of kid in the schoolyard tattling because someone had chewing gum?

Hes a spoofer full stop......As for your words of wisdom for taxi drivers ,maybe you could come up with somthing different from the usual daily nonsense new threads about taxis .

oisindoyle wrote: »
    Hes a spoofer full stop......As for your words of wisdom for taxi drivers ,maybe you could come up with somthing different from the usual daily nonsense new threads about taxis .

And yet im the only one willin to post his accounts to back himself up. :cool:

As ive said before. Any other taxi driver pretending he doesnt make a good living driving a taxi can call me on my accounts. You post your scans and i'll post mine. Just one of you do it.

Any of you?

Good on you for making the effort to differentiate yourself Martin. It's tough for everyone out there at the minute. Taxi driving is no different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 AKUCHI

And yet im the only one willin to post his accounts to back himself up. :cool:

As ive said before. Any other taxi driver pretending he doesnt make a good living driving a taxi can call me on my accounts. You post your scans and i'll post mine. Just one of you do it.

Any of you?
    So Mister where are your accounts. Started driving taxis april 24. I am with busy office. €600 must mean close to 600 klm. You travel the length of your country and more on one night in the city of Dublin.

These people believe this. My idea is you never behind the wheel of taxi ever. When I started worked I 24 hours over one week end just about made half this. 24 hrs is half a industrial working week and its dangerous. in your post here you say have two jobs, one driving Taxi at weekend.

You dont like paying your tax. Mister where you find time to stay on internet so much. Ok so where are your accounts you want to show me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Was waiting in a queue for 30 mins for a taxi last night in Galway. Thought there'd be piles around, but no.

Also the rank was empty, then a taxi or two would come along. **** all those taxi drivers who picked people up from the BACK of the queue. Come to the front and be fair about it. Its not like you've got to snipe queues as there was NO OTHER TAXIS IN THE QUEUE.

AKUCHI wrote: »
    So Mister where are your accounts. Started driving taxis april 24. I am with busy office. €600 must mean close to 600 klm. You travel the length of your country and more on one night in the city of Dublin.

These people believe this. My idea is you never behind the wheel of taxi ever. When I started worked I 24 hours over one week end just about made half this. 24 hrs is half a industrial working week and its dangerous. in your post here you say have two jobs, one driving Taxi at weekend.

You dont like paying your tax. Mister where you find time to stay on internet so much. Ok so where are your accounts you want to show me.

Your maths is a bit off there isnt it. If you cant do simple maths you just cant run a business. Just because you dont know how to run your car properly does not mean that nobody else can.

Where did say i work only the weekend? I work week nights too fyi.
    Are you really reading my posts or just skimming and making the rest up?
    How often am i on the internet by the way, since you know? We have this amazing invention called mobile broadband now. We can even log on to our laptops at home from our phones. Who'd have thunk it?
    Im off the road this weekend too anyway because of injury. So it just so happens im not posting from the car.
    Please try to keep up.

And, As i said, when you post your accounts i'll post mine.
    Is it that hard a concept.
    None of you here is willing to post scans of their accounts. Not one of you is willing to back up your poor mouth story in return for my accounts to be posted. That tells the whole story. Obvously things are not as bad as you are making out. Im only telling the truth.
    When even one of you is willing to post your scans of your accounts, i will post mine. The idea was actually suggested by another poor mouth moaner here, but when i agreed he backed out of course.

Was waiting in a queue for 30 mins for a taxi last night in Galway. Thought there'd be piles around, but no.

Also the rank was empty, then a taxi or two would come along. **** all those taxi drivers who picked people up from the BACK of the queue. Come to the front and be fair about it. Its not like you've got to snipe queues as there was NO OTHER TAXIS IN THE QUEUE.

That' s the thing, before i can drive taxi, I see empty ranks at the weekend.
    thinking to myself, must be good job.

Now I only work about 4 nights because if i work not so bust nights just get ticket for illegal parking trying to get on the rank.

AKUCHI wrote: »
    That' s the thing, before i can drive taxi, I see empty ranks at the weekend.
    thinking to myself, must be good job.

Now I only work about 4 nights because if i work not so bust nights just get ticket for illegal parking trying to get on the rank.

If you are going to be self employed you need a Business plan. You need to do research. You need to adjust your plan on an ongoing basis.

Too many people want to start their own business and really are not able for it. They jump in without doing the fundamentals and find that they cant continue because they just do not have what it takes to run a business.

Some people think if you open your hands, money just falls in. These would be people who didnt plan and adapt.

• Advertisement

Your maths is a bit off there isnt it. If you cant do simple maths you just cant run a business. Just because you dont know how to run your car properly does not mean that nobody else can.

How often am i on the internet by the way, since you know? We have this amazing invention called mobile broadband now. We can even log on to our laptops at home from our phones. Who'd have thunk it?
    Im off the road this weekend too anyway because of injury. So it just so happens im not posting from the car.
    Please try to keep up.

And, As i said, when you post your accounts i'll post mine.
    Is it that hard a concept.
    None of you here is willing to post scans of their accounts. Not one of you is willing to back up your poor mouth story in return for my accounts to be posted. That tells the whole story. Obvously things are not as bad as you are making out. Im only telling the truth.
    When even one of you is willing to post your scans of your accounts, i will post mine. The idea was actually suggested by another poor mouth moaner here, but when i agreed he backed out of course.

Not a hard concept. I only started taxi work. how can I have accounts. This rules me out too seeing your figures also. You are making your offer difficult to fulfill.

If you are going to be self employed you need a Business plan. You need to do research. You need to adjust your plan on an ongoing basis.

Too many people want to start their own business and really are not able for it. They jump in without doing the fundamentals and find that they cant continue because they just do not have what it takes to run a business.

Some people think if you open your hands, money just falls in. These would be people who didnt plan and adapt.

Nobody wants to see your accounts and nobody wants to show you theirs.

As I see it:

you are doing well in your taxi due to hustling for extra work.

Other guys are just sitting round on ranks and street corners, waiting for work to come to them and aren't doing so well.

If everyone took your approach, there would not be enough work to go round.

End of. No accounts needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Please try to keep up.

Mad busy offering discounts, paying for a CB radio between 7 drivers, wokring a day job, now he works the weekday nights and yet kopping €600 on his Saturday night isn't enough for him!!! And now he has time to pull over and post to us on the side of the road to tell us all that every single other taxi driver are telling lies when we say that it is tough.

The other day, I asked you to post up a record of your typical Saturday nights movements and fares; any joy on getting this up to us?:rolleyes:

As I see it:

Other guys are just sitting round on ranks and street corners, waiting for work to come to them and aren't doing so well.

Even if this to be true, Dublin has less that 1000 rank spaces, this means 16,000 at any giving time are not on rank and like this man scouting for work. But unlike mister they not making €600 and unable to spend so much time on the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

TaximanMartin, to an extent I'm willing to believe your take on reality but there's one thing that doesn't add up. With the limited number of drivers in your scheme you have no way of covering calls in busy traffic times or ( if it still exists today ) periods of busy demand. The only way you can do that is by being around 24/7 and work long hours all week long which you are incapable to do for two reasons : you work another full time job and you're in breach of the working time rules on your PSV licence if you do. The rules of the PSV licence for those who don't know them is 40 hours a week available to the public and not working more than 11 hours a day for three consecutive days. You tell me how you manage what you're doing without breaking the rules ? Never mind the practical side.

Just for your information ; I've worked a similar phone and radio system with 4 other drivers and during the week you probably have to operate at a loss to keep your regulars happy and if you don't you lose them which defies the purpose of investing in radios and fliers and the lot.

Speaking from experience and what I've seen in my 6.5 years driving a taxi in Dublin is that turning over €600 a night ( note that I didn't say earning ) is very exceptional even when the times were good. For a night like that you need for example 5 runs from the city center to Balbriggan with a return fare on 3 of them topped of with a run from the airport to Galway. Reality check anyone ?

There's no way you'll do that sort of turnover with your normal run of the mill mixed bag of fares that includes a lot more €10 than €50 runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sir snackbox

He'll never take me alive :D

Sure ll he has to do is pick any taxi driver and audit them. We all do it. If you havent been careful with hiding your creative accounting in your returns then you'll be caught. Simple as.

Why dont we tell everyone about certain accountants we all know about, who specialize in tax advice :D

I see a few of my fellow drivers are worried that i let the cat out of the bag on the taxes.

Seriously does any driver here think everyone doesnt know what we do with our taxes? Not one driver i know of declares all his takings to the tax man. And not one of them doesnt take every opportunity to throw in extra expenses whenever he can too.
    hello there
    i stumbled across this thread the other day while browsing boards looking for information on the taxi industry .
    i am thinking of taking up a job as a taxi driver to fill the gap till i can get into my chosen profession ,im a 21 year old arts grad waiting for masters place . so taxi driving would suit just fine .
    ive read the whole of your posts and was impressed at the amount of money that you say you earn HAPPY DAYS :P
    rang pops ,btw hes an accountant ,and told him my plans ,and for his input . i refered to your posts for him to look up .
    this is where it all went a wee bit askew . you see he got in touch with colleagues who specialize in taxi driver accounts ,quoting this post in particular .the bit about certain accountants .
    now he has said that his friends are annoyed at the fact that someone (you) has put a statement akin to a tabloid headline
    ACCOUNTANTS FIDDLE TAXI DRIVERS RETURNS .on a public forum .
    something that is frowned upon in the business .i then read the charter on people posting in this forum and there is a piece on people being able to back up statements made .this covers boards ass i know ,but you have made these comments and from what im hearing you have annoyed not only some taxi drivers but their accountants aswell .
    you will need all those jobs and your €600 a day if these comments are unfounded .
    btw dad said that according to his guys 99% of taxi drivers out there must be either telling lies to their accountants or you are here .
    i think id take pops word on this .
    if moderators here think this is a troll ,its not . i will back up anything here with an email address to my dads office .proof .
    unlike this you show me yours and ill show you mine .
    personally i think this taximan is like one of those emails one gets from a internet cafe in lagos .

Why dont we tell everyone about certain accountants we all know about, who specialize in tax advice biggrin.gif

friend I did not know these accountants existed . I suppose like your accounts you cant share this information also

TaximanMartin, to an extent I'm willing to believe your take on reality but there's one thing that doesn't add up. With the limited number of drivers in your scheme you have no way of covering calls in busy traffic times or ( if it still exists today ) periods of busy demand. The only way you can do that is by being around 24/7 and work long hours all week long which you are incapable to do for two reasons : you work another full time job and you're in breach of the working time rules on your PSV licence if you do. The rules of the PSV licence for those who don't know them is 40 hours a week available to the public and not working more than 11 hours a day for three consecutive days. You tell me how you manage what you're doing without breaking the rules ? Never mind the practical side.

Just for your information ; I've worked a similar phone and radio system with 4 other drivers and during the week you probably have to operate at a loss to keep your regulars happy and if you don't you lose them which defies the purpose of investing in radios and fliers and the lot.

Speaking from experience and what I've seen in my 6.5 years driving a taxi in Dublin is that turning over €600 a night ( note that I didn't say earning ) is very exceptional even when the times were good. For a night like that you need for example 5 runs from the city center to Balbriggan with a return fare on 3 of them topped of with a run from the airport to Galway. Reality check anyone ?

There's no way you'll do that sort of turnover with your normal run of the mill mixed bag of fares that includes a lot more €10 than €50 runs.

your greater experience than mine will know on Saturday night at 3am. A good taxi business could get in excess of 300 calls in a half an hour. with this mans limited numbers 295 of these call could not be fulfilled.

These are rejected customers who won't come back. His so called business model does not stand up to scrutiny. this man is an imposer. A lonely boy playing with a computer

Welcome back Mr Lickmyballs/Gerry
    I have already described what kind of money i take and on which nights. Im not doing it again. Read my previous posts.
    If you cant make money driving a taxi you need to do something else with your life. You are obviously no good at it.

Im Not Mr Lick my bals or Gerry or whoever you think. In Your previous threads you have'nt answered what I've asked which is to give us a breakdown of an average 2/3 hours worth of runs ie destinations pick ups and fares.Most drivers I know could give you a blow by blow acc of every job they did in the last week (unfourtuantley a lot of them do). You cannot answer this question which leads me to believe your a spoofer
    Answer this Martin if you can I'm driving taxi's seven years I'll be able to tell if your spoofing or not.
    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION OR ADMIT YOUR A SPOOFER.

As I see it:

Its called competing. If everyone did it there would only be the best drivers picking up most of the business. Hardly their fault that they are better at their jobs than the other lazy people that arent bothered. Most of the people who dont do that might as well be on the dole as they expect handouts for doing nothing anyway.
    Sitting in a taxi all night doesnt give you the right to take the business. Using your taxi in the best possible way earns the business.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement