Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxi Industry in chaos

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Just back in for a quick look.
    Nobody - not one of you posted accounts.
    As i said before, i'll post accounts AND my movements every night of the week - when one of you posts accounts.
    I'll check back in here again in a few days and see if anyones done this.
    Call me out by posting your accounts. I dare you. Then you get everything you want from me - but people get to see how much taxi drivers really make, even when they are whinging about not making money.

Its in your hands.
    bye again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

All the drivers seem petrified that someone else will enter the industry based on what they have read here.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Just back in for a quick look.
    Nobody - not one of you posted accounts.
    As i said before, i'll post accounts AND my movements every night of the week - when one of you posts accounts.
    I'll check back in here again in a few days and see if anyones done this.
    Call me out by posting your accounts. I dare you. Then you get everything you want from me - but people get to see how much taxi drivers really make, even when they are whinging about not making money.

Its in your hands.
    bye again.

Your not getting anyone to post personal info on a website. I dont want you to do it either. It would take a real driver 5 mins to give us a breakdown of 2/3 hours of a sat night. That's all I ask of you Martin prove to us all your not a spoofer,troll or an attention seeking kid.

Anyone who wants to get into taxi game rent one first dont go on the words of this spoofer or you'll be sorry. What he claims is not physically possible his continous failure to answer my question proves he's a waffler.

All the drivers seem petrified that someone else will enter the industry based on what they have read here.
    If i was terrified i would tell people not to enter the business which i havent what i've said continously is rent one first and make your own decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

Theres no such thing as "taxi industry in chaos" !

More chance of not having mean taximen/women who also think they own the roads:rolleyes:

upthedub wrote: »
    Theres no such thing as "taxi industry in chaos" !

More chance of not having mean taximen/women who also think they own the roads:rolleyes:

Hows business these days upthedub still earning enough in one night to make your HOLE WEAK ?

The penny has just dropped Robert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 taylor1983

samsham wrote: »
    So why, if you cant make any money in the taxi business dont people give up the taxi and go on the dole.
    Its because either they are actually making money and pretending they re not and putting on the poor mouth for the sake of the public, or that they are just too dumb to figure out that making a loss is not viable and they would be better off on the dole.

firstly your making yourself unemployed which automatically cancels
    your mortgage and car finance protection. Also you must wait longer
    and be accessed to see if you qualify for the dole. Also working long hours will bring you above welfare rates, but you lose your family and social life.
    As for your business model it flies in the face of every other. You don't see
    16,000 McDonalds in the city center. We have 7000 Taxi per one million people the Uk has just over 1000 per million. Your not making any business
    sense

u talk so much **** it comes out ur arsehole m8, who told u that if u r unemployed it cancels ur mortgage u retard, u dont even knw what ur talkin about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 taylor1983

Ive shot down every single one of your arguments guys. Why dont you take up my offer and produce your accounts so you prove that you really are on the breadline. I'll then produce mine and you can see that, if you are on the breadline you are doing something seriously wrong.
    But i doubt any of you isnt actually making a very good living from your taxi. And people arent stupi. They know this. If you stop treting the public like they are stupid they might actually startto like us.

But there is no point arguing with dumb people here who think that just because they dont know how to make their business work that it cant be done. You can see the IQ of them here and to be honest its not worth arguing. There is always room for improvment in any business, nbut unless you try to improve your business instead of moaning that money isnt just falling into your pocke, you will never be able to improve your business.

To the guys interested in starting a taxi business who contacted me - i'll send you my phone number and you can call me. I'll give you the truth and some advice on how not to become one of the moaners in here.

But i will bid you all goodbye in this thread.

u shouldnt even bother explain urself to half these mupets on here wingin about the industry beein in chaos....if u dont like the trade get the f u k out and get urself an education...like martin said if its not worth ur while beein a taxi driver go on the dail and even if ur gonna earn less at least u get time with ur family......taxi drivers, u can never get an honest answer out of em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭HydeRoad

taylor1983 wrote: »
    u shouldnt even bother explain urself to half these mupets on here wingin about the industry beein in chaos....if u dont like the trade get the f u k out and get urself an education...like martin said if its not worth ur while beein a taxi driver go on the dail and even if ur gonna earn less at least u get time with ur family......taxi drivers, u can never get an honest answer out of em (plus punctuation errors the whole way through...)

Education???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

u talk so much **** it comes out ur arsehole m8, who told u that if u r unemployed it cancels ur mortgage u retard, u dont even knw what ur talkin about

He said it cancels your mortgage protection. He also said if you make yourself unemployed, not if your simply unemployed.

To be fair, mortgage protection for unemployment is an insurance policy. I'd be surprised if any taxi driver is paying the premium, given their ineligibility to claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

To be fair, mortgage protection for unemployment is an insurance policy. I'd be surprised if any taxi driver is paying the premium, given their ineligibility to claim.

Its usually linked in with the serious illness protection so they most likely would be paying it as most drivers would have no safety net if they suffer such a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Danny Fisher

Hey, This thread is a loada bollix. You want to drive a taxi? Go on, do it. You don't want to drive a taxi? So, don't do it! Rent it, Buy it, and then fook off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Hey, This thread is a loada bollix. You want to drive a taxi? Go on, do it. You don't want to drive a taxi? So, don't do it! Rent it, Buy it, and then fook off.
    erm, ok. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

f its not worth ur while beein a taxi driver go on the dail and even if ur gonna earn less at least u get time with ur family.

ah, the George Lee approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

lovely calling someone a retard and you are obviously the retard here. You did not even bother to read the finishing line in the sentence. Making yourself unemployed cancels mortgage and car finance protection you may have. your apologies are accepted, but I would suggest that next time you take the time to read. Too much of a hurry to insult people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

Originally Posted by taylor1983 viewpost.gif
    u shouldnt even bother explain urself to half these mupets on here about the industry winginbeein in chaos....if u dont like the trade get the f u k out and get urself an education...like martin said if its not worth ur while beein a taxi driver go on the dail and even if ur gonna earn less at least u get time with ur family......taxi drivers, u can never get an honest answer out of em (plus punctuation errors the whole way through...)

looks like you been downing a few too many tins of beer tonight taylor 1983.
    I am sure drivers might take you up on your advice and go back and get Educated. It seems to have worked wonders for you. The dole taylor is where the jobless get money to do nothing, the dail is another pace where politicians get paid money to do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm locking this thread pending a review of its recent contents.

And it's staying locked having just reviewed it.

Thank you for your contributions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement