Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know about red robin?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

i have red robin in huge column pots on my patio, they are not long planted and yesterday i noticed the leaves are going brown, would anyone know what this is or how can i stop/prevent it? they are in an extremely windy area, if that makes any difference

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

They are very prone to leaf spot. If the leaves have brown spots which are grey in the middle it is most likely this. Take off and burn affected leaves including those on the soil surface, cut back hard and see how they get on. Could also be a drainage problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Red Robin does not enjoy exposed sites. Problem will be exacerbated when in pots, browning could also be linked to rootball drying out. Personally I would not plant Red Robin in planters (apart from the very large 1 m cubes) because they can be a troublesome in planters.

Otherwise Red Robin is a super plant when planted in ideal conditions and ground.

Advertisement