Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hoes

Options
  • 22-05-2009 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Dear Mod. 'id like to propose a thread dedicated to finding the best hoes in ireland. lets start with www.dyg.ie these say they will deliver the best of hoes for free. but i checked their site and went to the checkout and they heaped a 15euro shipping fee on top of the price of the hoe. I sent them an email and they appoligised and said that they would rectify it this evening. if this thread offends any Mods feel free to remove it. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

The best hoes are foreign, especially the European types!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

thanks. Im looking for a ridging hoe what brand do you reccomend.

German types are firm, strong and enjoyable. A Dutch hoe is also popular.

OK enough of that. Gardena are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

You can get cheap ones in Dublin city :D *sniggers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can you control your hoe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

ah lads calm down:o. the other hoe thread was locked and I want to get myself a good one, nice and heavy for digging trenches with, ie. seed threnches and furrows etc. and not for weeding. so far the only type i can find online are (the ones that must not be named) but starts with C and ends in N. I tried Gardena online Sonnenblumen and they are not what i want.the one i want is heavy and triangular. thanks again.

Suey

it might just be slight confusion but why would you dig with a hoe? What you need is referred to as a Kultivator (cultivator making seed drills/planting seed) http://www.gardena.com/opencms/opencms/DE/de/index.html?flash=true#/opencms/opencms/DE/de/Produkte/Productlist/../Product/index.html?cat=PK425&scat=PK42510&prod=4078500313209&bls=0

As i said Gardena is excellent, and what you need is a combisystem which features interchangeable tools but one shaft.

Those triangular one slook like hard work. The cultivator assumes the ground has already been prepared/rotovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Look, I'm not big into allowing product pushing through this forum. You can get plenty of information from the internet generally on what product to buy, plus reviews etc, and threads dedicated to pushing particular products run the risk of attracting shills.

It's worth noting as posters that if you have under 100 posts and more than one or two of those posts link to the same website or push the same product, you're ringing my alarm bells as a shill and you're already on the short tolerance list for being booted off the entire site if you put a foot wrong.

Locking this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement