Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old uk honda 50 - No registration docs

• 22-05-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,457 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I see alot of these old bikes advertised without v5 document on ebay etc. Now its understandable enough given that alot of them are being pulled out of sheds etc and not having been used for years. These bikes would be from 1960s & 70s. Whats the story with getting new documents for them over here. Im presuming something would need to be got from dvla in uk first before revenue here would look at them.
    I guess if it was an irish bike without documents it would be easier to sort out?
    Any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I think the seller in the uk is meant to send off to dvla for a replacement V5 before they sell it. It costs £25.

Here's a link:http://dvlaguide.co.uk/index.php/how_to_guides/selling_tips/

Registration Certificate

The buyer will want to see the registration certificate (V5C) to allow them to check the vehicle's details. You may not be able to sell your vehicle without one. If you've lost it, you can get a replacement from DVLA. This will cost £25.00
    Replacing a Lost or Stolen Registration Document or Certificate

You have to replace your Registration Certificate (V5C) if it's been lost, stolen, damaged or defaced. You can apply by post using a V62 ‘Application for a Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C)’; or you may be able get a duplicate over the phone using your debit or credit card.
    Apply by Phone

You can apply by phone and you will need the following:

* you're shown as the registered keeper on the Registration Certificate
    * your name, address or vehicle details haven't changed
    * you have a debit or credit card to pay the £25 fee - the cost of a duplicate Registration Certificate

Just Ring 0870 240 0010
    Apply by Post

To apply by post you'll need to:

* complete a V62 ‘Application for a Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C)’ available for download, from any Post Office¨ branch or Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) local office
    * include the £25 fee (don't send cash)
    * send your completed application to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1DD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,457 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I enquired with revenue here about an old uk bike without any documentation already in the country. They said if I could show then an invoice with uk reg & chassis number on it, that they would work with that. Seems reasonable.

Advertisement