Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

living the life loving the music"

• 22-05-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

why oh why do we have this butchered American accent announcing 2fm?

I really dont get it, is ment to be hip and cool?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

They should have this guy.

http://www.paulturnerproductions.com/mp3/PTP-Entertain.mp3

Paul Turner. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

magick wrote: »
    I really dont get it, is ment to be hip and cool?!

I think so, sad though that may be...

American accents of course are cool, but only in the appropriate context. An Irish radio station using one to sound cool is lame in the extreme. The last time that was cool was, ooh, dunno, 1976?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

2fm's slogan is honestly one of the biggest turn-offs for me as a listener. Living THE life? What does that mean? Living the "2fm life"? What would that even mean? Aren't yiz just a radio station? Chillax!

I remember when Colm & Jim-Jim started, Jim-Jim took the piss out of the slogan, something to the effect of "Livin' the life, lovin' yore ma" - now that's a good slogan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:confused:

Right Ted.

Load of bollocks actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

mod edit: pics or it stays edited :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement