Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UN Job

Options
  • 22-05-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I would really appreciate all inputs on this...

Here is a summary,I applied for a job as a supply chain analyst for the United nations at the Africa headquarters in Kenya a couple of months ago.Initially,I applied out of curiosity as I am aware it is an extraordinarily complex and difficult process,however I was shocked to get an email today that they were considering me for an Interview.

I would appreciate if anyone could share their experience with UN interviews and if it worth it to work for them because I have heard of the bureaucracy and very convoluted structure of the body.

All inputs would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I've heard about the bureaucracy, too. Not so sure about recruitment processes, though. The trend for them is to focus more on competencies and past experiences of applicants rather than describing how applicants would deal with hypothetical situations. For certain UN volunteers/internship processes, group activities were not unheard of. You may be best to contact the relevant person in the UN.

Congratulations. Can I ask, do you have any previous overseas experience? What's your background?

Advertisement