Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor PAYG phone with the least $#!& camera?

• 22-05-2009 6:28pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for something to replace my PoS Samsung U600. Camera and text/email are the big priorities. Basically, I can't text worth a damn on anything that isn't Nokia or has a full QWERTY keyboard/touchscreen. And while the number of pixels is a great bragging point on a mobile camera its completely pointless if it has dire image quality or has an insane shutter lag. I don't even use the camera on the U600, 20 second shutter lag is beyond human endurance let alone any kind of actual usefulness :mad:

'Twas looking at the Cookie and Viewty due to the QWERTY, but I've heard that the Viewty suffers bad shutter lag and while I've seen the Cookie in action and think the camera might actually be usable in the real world (unlike anything made by Samsung!) I've heard it has dire issues indoors, not least thanks to the lack of a flash.

Any other decent Pay As You Go phones under €200 that don't suck ass? Heard Sony are good but I don't think there are any with decent text... All I know is that after learning the hard way I'm never, ever touching anything made by Motorola or Samsung again. Ever.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Sony W595 is quite a decent phone. Go into a Meteor store and ask for a demo. You can see how the texting on it suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement