Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

usit NUIG???

• 22-05-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

I am looking for the Usit office phone number in NUIG or even if they are open tomorrow a Saturday? i am thinking about getting a j1 i am doing the blackhalls have only completed four (so obviously i am coming back in september) and i am wondering about my eligability...the guy in the call centre said to go to the office in my college where i finished last year and they might still stamp the form for me!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

pandas wrote: »
    I am looking for the Usit office phone number in NUIG or even if they are open tomorrow a Saturday? i am thinking about getting a j1 i am doing the blackhalls have only completed four (so obviously i am coming back in september) and i am wondering about my eligability...the guy in the call centre said to go to the office in my college where i finished last year and they might still stamp the form for me!!

Monday is the last day to get a J1 from sayit,usit and goforless I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

thanks for the reply...i rang the call centre and asked them that earlier because i saw it on here somewhere but they said there was no closing date for applications as of yet but it could change. do you know, if i am not eligable for the j1 is there any other way i could go to america for the summer and work legally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

pandas wrote: »
    thanks for the reply...i rang the call centre and asked them that earlier because i saw it on here somewhere but they said there was no closing date for applications as of yet but it could change. do you know, if i am not eligable for the j1 is there any other way i could go to america for the summer and work legally?

I think there's a few visas you can work on. I'm not too sure to be honest. That new J visa might be a possibility. I think you'd be eligable for the J1 to be honest,just you might have left it a bit late for this summer. I think the 'closing date' was only the last date for the visas to be free,but it still takes a while to sort out the j1 and it could be up to mid july before you get one. I guess it's worth a go though, you might get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

i went into the usit office today and they said the free programme is still open and ill be fine applying on monday they get a days notice of closing and they hadnt received that yet so while they might get it on monday ill still be able to apply monday! we've to go down to cork to hget my friends form stamped monday morning!... the lady in the shop said the earliest id be able to go is the 20th june and that suits me fine because im going to see britney in dublin on the 20th so i wouldnt be heading off until after that anyhow!! anyway it should be all sorted so thanks for the help much appreciated!

Advertisement