Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Brazil Nuts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Something like this will vary depending on how they are made. Was there no nutrition panel on them? But yes, covering in chocolate will wipe out all the health benefits.

In any case, brazil nuts are not a good choice for protein, because the amount of protein is so small compared to the overall caloreis (600-700 per 100g depending on type). Use them as a snack with lots of selenium and healthy fats, not for their protein content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Thanks Eileen. Think I'll steer clear in future so, the chocolate ones anyway. No, that's the thing no nutrition panel, savanah were the brand and googling turned up nothing either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That daily plate site is a mistake, keep an eye for that, I have spotted a few brands of foods with incorrect values.

You are essentially eating cadbury wholenut bars! depends on the recipe as Eileen said, some will have more chocolate than others.

I had ones before and I think they were 40-50% chocolate, as it is covering the outside it takes up a fair amount of volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

rubadub wrote: »
    You are essentially eating cadbury wholenut bars!

ha, that's bad!

Ya, I've noticed that about a few things in the daily plate. It just had a lot of stuff compared to fitday. I'd say I'll switch back to fitday and just figure out a few basic daily menus. I prefer the fitday interface anyway. Too busy at the moment with exams.

Advertisement