Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Addon's/sites do you use for WoW?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I use the Quest helper Addon and http://thottbot.com/. I find questing mostly very boring, its probably the reason i gave up WoW. But When a came back a few months ago after getting bored of things like EvE & WAR, i found after installing Quest Helper, my life got so much easier. And thottbot is great for everything including when your stuck on a quest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I just use mods from wowinterface http://www.wowinterface.com/community.php mostly, apart from recount which I have to download from curse.

I use and have been using Carbonite for ages, love that mod, especially when questing or levelling up a character - would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I also use http://www.wowmatrix.com/download/ which is great for installing and updating your Addons.

Ive been thinking about getting a couple of more. Is there any for PvP, and if so, what functions do they provide?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just back playing wow and using curse client for auto instal and auto update of addons.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I also use http://www.wowmatrix.com/download/ which is great for installing and updating your Addons.

Ive been thinking about getting a couple of more. Is there any for PvP, and if so, what functions do they provide?
    I was told about wowmatrix before and hated the sound of a 3rd party auto-updater, but I just tried and holy s**t, it rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

I was told about wowmatrix before and hated the sound of a 3rd party auto-updater, but I just tried and holy s**t, it rocks

There seems to be a bigger selection of mods on the curse downloader, than the Matrix version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I'd recommend WoWhead over any other site tbh. Thottbot tends to be very spammy and has a very annoying layout/navigation style.

If you are looking for AddOns in the way of questing and levelling, I'd reccomend Carbonite rather than QuestHelper (not only is it a better and more useful mod imo, QH was loaded with keyloggers and SpyWare a few updates back apparently and a few friends were hacked due to it) and Cartographer. Maybe AtlasLoot too if you want to run instances to gear up. I personally avoid those "automatic updater" things too, as it has been proven that those programs have the potential to log information from your computer.

I have used a lot of AddOns in the past but recently since I've been playing less I only use the bare essentials - Clique and Grid for healing as my Shaman. I use ShieldsUp to track my Water/Earth Shields and very little else. Sometimes I'll bother with Recount just to appease the overly-eager dps who want to compare results on EVERY FIGHT ;_;

Other sites that I'd rely on are mmo-champion/worldofraids.com for news each day, elitistjerks.com for the math side of theorycraft and of course tankspot/maintankadin.com for information on playing my Tankadin.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I use wowprogress.com to check how the guilds on my server and other servers are doing.

I check ensidia.com to become even more of a fanboy.

Xyo wrote: »
    I use wowprogress.com to check how the guilds on my server and other servers are doing.

I check ensidia.com to become even more of a fanboy.

Ensidia.com has become quite good as a resource tbh, the blogs are quite informative and hearing experiences from top-end players rather than some faceless theorycrafter is at the very least something fresh to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I use Curse to maintain all my addons.

I use:

Dominoes: UI modifier.
    Questhelper and Zygors Guide: levelling/quest info.
    Recount: DPS counter.
    Gatherer and gathererDB: mining, herbing etc.
    Cartographer: nicer map and zone info.
    Atlasloot: instance and loot information.
    Itemrack: gear changing.
    Automaton: Instant selling of junk, instant repairing of gear when you click on relevent NPC.
    Gladius: Arena only, autofills with opponent info. UBER useful.

I know I use more.... One for gear comparison that I can't think of for example.

Aha, logged onto home PC.

Altaholic: Mail/Char item monitoring.
    Auctioneer: Can't believe I forgot this. AH monitoring obviously.
    Ratingbuster: That's the gear comparison one I use.

Zygor's guide - is that one of those guides you pay for and download/get mailed to you which gives you advice on levelling, routes etc?

I have seen a lot of them around along with gold-grinding guides but never thought of them as much more than keyloggers waiting to happen.

• Advertisement

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Zygor's guide - is that one of those guides you pay for and download/get mailed to you which gives you advice on levelling, routes etc?

I have seen a lot of them around along with gold-grinding guides but never thought of them as much more than keyloggers waiting to happen.

Zygor is indeed a paid one that I....erm.... mightn't have paid for. I agree the website of the owner just shouts scam :)

However having said that it's the bees knees. It's hard to explain in text but it's just uber efficient at taking you through the levels. It has you picking up quests in one area and you might wonder why you then get directed elsewhere to do other quests only to find later on when you're higher you're back to the right place and complete those quests etc etc.

I really recommend it.

Zygor is indeed a paid one that I....erm.... mightn't have paid for. I agree the website of the owner just shouts scam :)

However having said that it's the bees knees. It's hard to explain in text but it's just uber efficient at taking you through the levels. It has you picking up quests in one area and you might wonder why you then get directed elsewhere to do other quests only to find later on when you're higher you're back to the right place and complete those quests etc etc.

I really recommend it.

Cool thanks, how did you get it then btw? :p

Sorry. Best you discover that for yourself. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

wowprogress.com
    arenajunkies.com
    mmo-champion.com
    worldofraids.com
    curse.com
    thottbot.com
    wowhead.com

bartender4 (UI button add-on)
    xpearl (raid frames add-on)
    recount (dmg meter)
    omen3 (threat meter)
    necrosis (lock add-on)
    atlas loot (so i can see what bosses can drop)
    gladius (arena add-on)

think thats about it. i mainly pve but ive gotten into pvp recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I use curse to update my addons every couple of months...

I don't go to any other sites, nor do I click links (even here) as that's how you get hacked ;)

I used to use thotbott but not anymore...

nor do I click links (even here) as that's how you get hacked ;)

I laughed my ass off

Advertisement